2020 schedule changes to come?

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby roguewarrior » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:18 pm

So if they choose not to play, and the players all just operate as regular students, does any really believe they will be safer from the plague? If the answer is no, they will not be safer; then why not play? Since it is obvious they will not be any safer from exposure; the “humanitarian” cries to not play for the lives of players, are misguided, and silly. I’ll take the team dialed in together, following protocols/testing/etc..... VS cutting them loose to the bars and house parties and student life.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby pdt1081 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm

roguewarrior wrote:So if they choose not to play, and the players all just operate as regular students, does any really believe they will be safer from the plague? If the answer is no, they will not be safer; then why not play? Since it is obvious they will not be any safer from exposure; the “humanitarian” cries to not play for the lives of players, are misguided, and silly. I’ll take the team dialed in together, following protocols/testing/etc..... VS cutting them loose to the bars and house parties and student life.

And that right there is why nobody has rushed into a decision yet.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FalconTurf » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:59 pm

pdt1081 wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:So if they choose not to play, and the players all just operate as regular students, does any really believe they will be safer from the plague? If the answer is no, they will not be safer; then why not play? Since it is obvious they will not be any safer from exposure; the “humanitarian” cries to not play for the lives of players, are misguided, and silly. I’ll take the team dialed in together, following protocols/testing/etc..... VS cutting them loose to the bars and house parties and student life.

And if there’s no football, bars close at 10 and campus is rather empty I think the vision of players going wild would be possible but smaller in our new normal
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:25 pm

FalconTurf wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:

And if there’s no football, bars close at 10 and campus is rather empty I think the vision of players going wild would be possible but smaller in our new normal

That’s naive. Parties at houses, girlfriends, etc...
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby pdt1081 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:00 pm

FalconTurf wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:

Umm, you obviously don't know the capabilities of college students. No football means no accountability for the players. I'm sure attendance policies will be adjusted with this "new normal," as you say. No football means no team meetings, no practices, etc. What would stop them from partying 24/7?
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:54 am

I reject the term "new normal"...it's a cliche that's being sold to us so we'll accept more intrusion into our lives. Did we learn nothing from Snowden? You give these guys an inch and they will take a mile every time...all the while insisting that it isn't even an inch.
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Falcon Commander » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:20 pm

NCAA vs Power 5 (and Group 5?)

https://t.co/S9IQW48tHa?amp=1
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:13 pm

Flipper wrote:I reject the term "new normal"...it's a cliche that's being sold to us so we'll accept more intrusion into our lives. Did we learn nothing from Snowden? You give these guys an inch and they will take a mile every time...all the while insisting that it isn't even an inch.

I can’t even say the phrase. It insults my intelligence and turns my stomach when I hear it.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Falconwriter » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:50 pm

Falcon Commander wrote:NCAA vs Power 5 (and Group 5?)

https://t.co/S9IQW48tHa?amp=1

I was expecting this to happen even before Covid-19 was a thing. It is inevitable, because there's more money to be made. If all the mid majors are smart, they'll band together. It will give them better negotiating power with the P5, especially when it comes to out of conference contracts. There's no way the P5 schools want to only play one another for out of conference games. There is leverage here, if it's done right.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 pm

pdt1081 wrote:
FalconTurf wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:

Umm, you obviously don't know the capabilities of college students. No football means no accountability for the players. I'm sure attendance policies will be adjusted with this "new normal," as you say. No football means no team meetings, no practices, etc. What would stop them from partying 24/7?

Hopefully all of these 18- to 22-year-old young men can act like adults and stay out of trouble, so none of them are suspended or kicked off of the team before the season begins in the spring of 2021. Having the season in the spring is the 'new normal' and I'd hate to see anyone miss out because of stupid decisions they made in the fall (now known as the 'offseason' in the 'new normal').
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 pm

pdt1081 wrote:
FalconTurf wrote:
pdt1081 wrote:

Hopefully all of these 18- to 22-year-old young men can act like adults and stay out of trouble, so none of them are suspended or kicked off of the team before the season begins in the spring of 2021. Having the season in the spring is the 'new normal' and I'd hate to see anyone miss out because of stupid decisions they made in the fall (now known as the 'offseason' in the 'new normal').
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:03 am

The point was Plague exposure; whether you are playing football or not. You don’t have to be doing anything wrong as a player, to be exposed, should they cancel the season. Which makes it silly to not play. Camp starts Friday. Hopefully, the MAC does not fold to the hysteria this week. Following the money, they have to align with P5 and keep their pimp hand strong. Ha
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby guest44 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:13 pm

It sounds as though Bob & crew maybe should shift the focus from finding more future opponents, to the current team and safety. Many players have taken to social media to voice those concerns today.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:53 pm

guest44 wrote:It sounds as though Bob & crew maybe should shift the focus from finding more future opponents, to the current team and safety. Many players have taken to social media to voice those concerns today.

Was just coming here to post this. Very large contingent of impact players for BG speaking out on it not being safe to play right now.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:59 pm

guest44 wrote:It sounds as though Bob & crew maybe should shift the focus from finding more future opponents, to the current team and safety. Many players have taken to social media to voice those concerns today.

Those worried about the plague should opt out. It’s really that simple.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

PreviousNext

Return to Football