Falcon baseball

The smaller "non-revenue" sports at BGSU.

Re: Falcon baseball

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri May 22, 2020 4:15 pm

guest44 wrote:I'd be curious if the Furman AD speculated on the Cincinnati soccer situation based on rumors his soccer coach heard? Then insinuated that those weren't rash decisions but years in the making.

Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby threestooges » Fri May 22, 2020 5:45 pm

mbenecke wrote:Jordan Strack (WTOL) has reported they have raised $1.2M from 117 donors in the last 4 days. That’s an average of over $10K per donor.

That's great, but ...

1) where were these people before the program was dropped? It's not like it was a secret that baseball's been in danger for a while now.

and

2) I'm afraid it will take a lot (a LOT) more money than that -- like $20 million or more -- to have a chance to reinstate baseball.

I hate seeing sports get cut, but I don't think President Rogers & Bob Moosbrugger did this without considering all the options. It would take much more than $1.2M to resuscitate BG baseball.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby guest44 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Where were those people before? My guess is it was very similar to 2009 with BG Hockey. Former players give money and nobody knows where it goes, and those who gave get pissed. The Haas money was supposed to be used to field turf in 2014. Where did it go? Meanwhile, Mike Jinks gets 420K, his high school o coordinator gets 130K, his high school d coordinator gets 130k. They all get fired, Loeffler gets 530K? Say what? People aren't going to give Moose and his crew money to funnel more to football. Can't you see they don't trust him? It's pretty obvious in real time. I mean he did quit the team as a player right?

Also you clearly prefer to not read or listen. The story clearly stated they needed more funds. Like way more. But, you didn’t read or listen to the clip.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Fri May 22, 2020 10:46 pm

guest44 wrote:Where were those people before? My guess is it was very similar to 2009 with BG Hockey. Former players give money and nobody knows where it goes, and those who gave get pissed. The Haas money was supposed to be used to field turf in 2014. Where did it go? Meanwhile, Mike Jinks gets 420K, his high school o coordinator gets 130K, his high school d coordinator gets 130k. They all get fired, Loeffler gets 530K? Say what? People aren't going to give Moose and his crew money to funnel more to football. Can't you see they don't trust him? It's pretty obvious in real time. I mean he did quit the team as a player right?

Also you clearly prefer to not read or listen. The story clearly stated they needed more funds. Like way more. But, you didn’t read or listen to the clip.

You got me. I didn't read or listen to the clip. I merely (and correctly) stated that they needed way, WAY, WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY more money to have a prayer of getting baseball reinstated. Please tell us more about Mike Jinks.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Commander » Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 pm

"Please tell us more about Mike Jinks."

](*,) [-o<
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby guest44 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:36 am

They raised 1.2 million in 4 days. That’s roughly the amount it took to have Mike Jinks completely ruin BGSU Football in about 1000 days. Or the amount BGSU will pay Loeffler over 2 years to win about 6 football games (if they have a season).
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:31 pm

guest44 wrote:They raised 1.2 million in 4 days. That’s roughly the amount it took to have Mike Jinks completely ruin BGSU Football in about 1000 days. Or the amount BGSU will pay Loeffler over 2 years to win about 6 football games (if they have a season).

Why the sarcasm? I doubt that ANY of the schools now cancelling programs, be they baseball, hockey or whatever, are happy to do so. I’m looking at the “ 29 mill. Shortfall” at BG, due primarily to having a partime learning situation for past few months, but more importantly a loss of enrollment for coming yr., results in mega probs. #-o
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FalconTurf » Sat May 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Add to that the local businesses who have supported the dept through the years losing income from fewer students and fewer activities in town. I’m certain none of them relish losing baseball or any other sport that brings people to the city. The effects of the changes in behavior and habits of college students, staff and visitors have just begun to be felt.
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Other Sports