ESPN says Ohio first, BG last in MAC East for 2020

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

ESPN says Ohio first, BG last in MAC East for 2020

Postby BGSU33 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:54 pm

ESPN says BG will go 3-9 again. Ohio was picked first yet again for what seems like the case for the last 5 or 6 years in a row now.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... w-mac-east
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: ESPN says Ohio first, BG last in MAC East for 2020

Postby Siborg » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:17 pm

Interesting they make no mention of our best offensive weapon, Claire.
Siborg
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby mbenecke » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Siborg wrote:Interesting they make no mention of our best offensive weapon, Claire.

I’m sure they forgot about him, with him redshirting last year. Let’s hope the rest of the MAC sleeps on him, too - he has a ton of talent, and he can really be a force in this league.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:06 pm

BGSU33 wrote:ESPN says BG will go 3-9 again. Ohio was picked first yet again for what seems like the case for the last 5 or 6 years in a row now.

How do they make the leap that Akron finishes ahead? Obviously they did no research... shocker.... don’t even know one of the best backs in the MAC is on the team. Meaningless piece.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby BGSU33 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm

roguewarrior wrote:
BGSU33 wrote:ESPN says BG will go 3-9 again. Ohio was picked first yet again for what seems like the case for the last 5 or 6 years in a row now.

How do they make the leap that Akron finishes ahead? Obviously they did no research... shocker.... don’t even know one of the best backs in the MAC is on the team. Meaningless piece.

Is it really a stretch to say Akron could finish in front of BG? It's not like they picked them to win the East, they simply picked one crappy team to be slightly better than another next year.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:56 am

BGSU33 wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:

Is it really a stretch to say Akron could finish in front of BG? It's not like they picked them to win the East, they simply picked one crappy team to be slightly better than another next year.

To my point, some person publishing an article for ESPN ; flipping a coin....that does not even know our roster; or anyone else’s for that matter. Deep insight....
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Antimob » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:02 pm

I'd prefer not to listen to "analysis" from national types that have never in their entire lives watched a single MAC game in person and base 99% of their predictions on what occurred the year before.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:25 am

To be honest, the MAC East will have an upper four and a lower two with a big divide between. I suspect we finish above Akron ... and that's not aiming high. I suspect we will win a susprise conference game or two and beat Akron in a fight for the cellar where Akron will struggle to win anything. That is a small margin between us and Akron so I can see how someone puts Akron above.

It will be 2021 until we see real results. This year we will see some progress and also some frustrating steps backward. Loeffler is playing with the cards he was dealt and isn't taking the risky JUCO shortcut path.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:25 pm

We will be markedly better than last year. It may not necessarily translate into 8 wins, but we will be much improved. We have a QB . We will be able to throw. We will not be 3 and out every series and punting from our own 15. Our defense will get a rest , and not be on a short field every single series. We will have Clair and Denley at RB. Special teams will be better being filled out with better quality players ( who might block). We may end up with a similar record, but the games (minus OSU) will be much tighter and competitive.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby zete » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:19 pm

roguewarrior wrote:We will be markedly better than last year. It may not necessarily translate into 8 wins, but we will be much improved. We have a QB . We will be able to throw. We will not be 3 and out every series and punting from our own 15. Our defense will get a rest , and not be on a short field every single series. We will have Clair and Denley at RB. Special teams will be better being filled out with better quality players ( who might block). We may end up with a similar record, but the games (minus OSU) will be much tighter and competitive.

I really do not think the Offense was too bad last few years, but the defense was awful and played slow and with NO enthusiasm. That is where we need to improve immensely if we are to compete.
SAme old Same old
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:39 pm

The offense went 3 and out far too often the past few years, which has made the defense tire quickly. With a competent offense out there getting extended drives (Loeffler has said in the past that he wants to control the clock for this exact reason), it should let the defense get off the field and stay there for longer, gaining valuable rest before returning to the field.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:40 am

roguewarrior wrote:We will be markedly better than last year. It may not necessarily translate into 8 wins, but we will be much improved. We have a QB . We will be able to throw. We will not be 3 and out every series and punting from our own 15. Our defense will get a rest , and not be on a short field every single series. We will have Clair and Denley at RB. Special teams will be better being filled out with better quality players ( who might block). We may end up with a similar record, but the games (minus OSU) will be much tighter and competitive.

This is what I hope for. I think this is a reasonable expectation. And I love hearing it from roguewarrior, who seems to know things. :-)
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Return to Football