NCAA Rules and Regulations -- PLEASE READ!!!

Administrative message to and/or from the webmaster.

Postby BleedOrange » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:24 pm

I'm guessing/hoping that the moderators here will aggressively remove posts that even smell like an infraction.

I'm curious, though. This is basically an anonymous message board. Grant can log IP's, but an IP proves nothing. How could a post by a recruit be proven to genuinely by that recruit and not by an impostor trying to hurt our programs? Not to imply that these rules are anything to toy with, but, what exactly could the NCAA be thinking? If an infraction can't be proven, then throws enforceability into question.
BleedOrange
Falcon Hoops Lifer
Falcon Hoops Lifer

Postby tekekini » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:19 pm

JoeFalcon wrote:Here's a photograph of recruit Terrelle Pryor engaged in communication with a group of Ohio State fans when he attended their recent basketball game. I wonder if their crack compliance department coordinates with the NCAA to dole out comparable penalties.

comparable penalties? Comparable to what? Grant said there was no penalty here.

The NCAA doesn't care if he gives a few fans a high five or if you gave a kid a bratwurst. They only care about, and this is a quote from an NCAA investigator I heard on the readio, "the kind of significant infractions that get a kid to commit to a school. The NCAA isn't as worried about what happens once a kid is on campus".
tekekini
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:10 am

tekekini wrote:Grant said there was no penalty here.

No... I never said that. I said:

As far as the result of the aforementioned infraction... it really wasn't anything of consequence, but when the university is made aware of an infraction, it is obligated to be upfront and take it to the NCAA.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby transfer2BGSU » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:52 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:No... I never said that. I said:

As far as the result of the aforementioned infraction... it really wasn't anything of consequence, but when the university is made aware of an infraction, it is obligated to be upfront and take it to the NCAA.

So what you really meant to say with this particular post was that you enjoy DiBenedetto's over Mr.Spots.

No harm, no foul.
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:57 pm

transfer2BGSU wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:No... I never said that. I said:

So what you really meant to say with this particular post was that you enjoy DiBenedetto's over Mr.Spots.

No harm, no foul.

May I mambo dog-face to the banana patch?
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Previous

Return to Admin