Welcome Back!!

Administrative message to and/or from the webmaster.

Welcome Back!!

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Sun May 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Look... here's the deal. I'm not going to tolerate a whole lot that deviates from the main purpose of this site, which is to allow for discussion of BGSU Athletics, and to a lesser extent, BGSU in general. I have left the free-for-all forum on here (haven't deleted the posts) but it's locked right now. I'm going to leave it that way for a while. Might bring it back eventually, but might not too... There are LOTS of other places to talk politics, etc... I don't think this is the place for it. If the forum can be brought back w/o bringing personal vendettas to life, then maybe... but I feel those vendettas carrying across to other forums was responsible for some of the lack of civility on these boards in the past.

I also wanted to remind everyone that there should be a red exclamation point at the lower right of each and every post. If you see something that you think warrants moderation, PLEASE click on that mark! It will alert the moderator! It's always been there, but I'm not sure too many people know about it or what it's there for.

I've introduced a couple of new forums. The BGSU Recruiting forum will be fun!! A great place to keep track of future Falcons before they get to campus. Rumors are welcome!

There's also a new forum for Bowling Green, the city. "BG News & Views" is a place to discuss the town of Bowling Green as an extension of BGSU and separate from BGSU. It's a great city, this is a great place to talk about it!

So, welcome back! Enjoy... but most importantly, be good to each other, OK?
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Re: Welcome Back!!

Postby transfer2BGSU » Sun May 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Thank you Grant!
"The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" -Herb Brooks
transfer2BGSU
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:32 pm

transfer2BGSU wrote:Thank you Grant!

This post needs moderation, but I shall forgo the exclamation point this time :-D :D
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Lord_Byron » Mon May 17, 2010 7:23 am

"All things are as they once were."

Thanks, Grant!!
BG '79

Twitter: @Vapid_Inanities
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Mon May 17, 2010 7:24 am

THANK YOU GRANT!!!

I can't believe how much I missed this board, but like every we over indulge in, the time away was good for us!! As difficult as it is for me, personally, I promise to behave!! :supz:
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby rood » Mon May 17, 2010 8:07 am

Thanks, Grant, I've really missed the boards.

I agree on keeping the politics off the board. I don't understand how people who can be completely rational and civil in every aspect of their lives turn into total azzes when it comes to discussing politics. I do hope, though, that you will bring back the Free-For-All for other discussions. It's a good place for the community to share advice and expertise or a joke.
I love people who can laugh at themselves. It saves me the effort.
rood
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby 1987alum » Mon May 17, 2010 9:14 am

All is right with the world!
Hey, look at me! I'm all over the InterWebs!
Facebook ~ Twitter @ CoachKarlPA ~ LinkedIn
1987alum
Noah's Dad
Noah's Dad

Postby Flipper » Mon May 17, 2010 9:55 am

well...things are right except for those damn communi....ah...I'm going to have to wrok on this a bit... :-)
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Redwingtom » Mon May 17, 2010 10:34 am

Flipper wrote:well...things are right except for those damn communi....ah...I'm going to have to wrok on this a bit... :-)

LOL, yeah I so wanted to explain why political discussions devolve into what they do, but I managed to resist. :oops:
Redwingtom
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconfreak90 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks G!!! I've been a junkie without my fave drug. :lol:

GO FALCONS!!!
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby Pete Segaard » Mon May 17, 2010 1:59 pm

rood wrote:Thanks, Grant, I've really missed the boards.

* a million :prayer:

rood wrote:I agree on keeping the politics off the board. I don't understand how people who can be completely rational and civil in every aspect of their lives turn into total azzes when it comes to discussing politics. I do hope, though, that you will bring back the Free-For-All for other discussions. It's a good place for the community to share advice and expertise or a joke.

Maybe if we all say pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase really loud we will get free for all back. I mean where else can we brag about our kids who may one day rise up and become a Falcon to carry on the tradition, cue FMB.

And Grant, not that this is a bribe, but (it really is a bribe) I just bottled a Kolsch last night (not a true Kolsch as I subbed Cali Common yeast) and I have a CAP that gets another week in the bucket which will be available for "critique" :drinkers:.
Team Falcon Around
The Falcon formerly known as oaklane2
Pete Segaard
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Mon May 17, 2010 3:37 pm

oaklane2 wrote:
rood wrote:Thanks, Grant, I've really missed the boards.

* a million :prayer:

rood wrote:I agree on keeping the politics off the board. I don't understand how people who can be completely rational and civil in every aspect of their lives turn into total azzes when it comes to discussing politics. I do hope, though, that you will bring back the Free-For-All for other discussions. It's a good place for the community to share advice and expertise or a joke.

Maybe if we all say pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase really loud we will get free for all back. I mean where else can we brag about our kids who may one day rise up and become a Falcon to carry on the tradition, cue FMB.

And Grant, not that this is a bribe, but (it really is a bribe) I just bottled a Kolsch last night (not a true Kolsch as I subbed Cali Common yeast) and I have a CAP that gets another week in the bucket which will be available for "critique" :drinkers:.

I do take bribes... ;-) I can't say I'll be swayed by them, but I'll certainly take them! Sure liked the Rye PA! It was delish!

And yeah, where else COULD you brag about your kids... hmmmm... how about ANYWHERE?? lol I'm thinking about the free-for-all forums... I think there's a solution, but I haven't put it together yet.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby Flipper » Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Where am I going to publish the details of my mishaps...it's been almost a year since I was operated on for anything...I'm due...
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Bleeding Orange » Mon May 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Boy, I feel like a kid quietly sneaking out from under the bed after writing all over the wall in crayon. :-)

Thanks for getting things back up and running, Grant! I've really missed the place - looks as good as ever.
From the halls of ivy...

It is not my intention to do away with government. It is rather to make it work - work with us, not over us; stand by our side, not ride on our back. Government can and must provide opportunity, not smother it; foster productivity, not stifle it. ~Ronald Reagan

:smt117
Bleeding Orange
The Abominable Desert 'Cat
The Abominable Desert 'Cat

Postby OSUFALCON » Mon May 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Good to talk and read Falcon news! Thanks for opening the site up again. I didn't miss the free for all BS. I get enough of that in the real world.
OSUFALCON
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Admin