Going to upgrade the forums soon....

Administrative message to and/or from the webmaster.

Going to upgrade the forums soon....

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Probably going to be a little downtime involved. The holiday weekend seems like a good time to do it. We shall see....

Hello,

We are very pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB "Fast and Furrious" 3.0.6 package. This release fixes numerous bugs, introduces some major features, as well as improves stability and performance. Furthermore, the internal updater has been updated to detect and solve most conflicts, resulting in a reduction of necessary manual interaction by administrators.

Please note that we urge you to update. phpBB 3.0.6 fixes bugs being quite important for a smooth operation of your forums. With this release our support team will only give support for the latest version, updates to phpBB 3.0.6 and conversions to it. Submissions to our trackers for older versions will not be accepted, please make sure you update/upgrade before you submit a bug report.

If you use a different language pack than the one provided with the download packages you may find already updated language packs for your language within our downloads section.

For a complete list of new major features, minor feature additions, changes and bug fixes, please consult our comprehensive changelog at:
http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... ion=3#v305

The original announcement is located at:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1859035

*Minimum Requirements*

phpBB3 has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it.

- A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
- A SQL database system, one of:
* MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
* PostgreSQL 7.3+
* SQLite 2.8.2+
* Firebird 2.1+
* MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
* Oracle
- PHP 4.3.3+ (>=4.3.3, >4.4.x, >5.x.x, >6.0-dev (compatible)) with support for the database you intend to use.
- getimagesize() function need to be enabled
- The optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.
* zlib Compression support
* Remote FTP support
* XML support
* Imagemagick support
* GD Support

The presence of each of these optional modules will be checked during the installation process.

*Security*

Security issues found should be reported to our security tracker (http://www.phpbb.com/security/) in the usual way.

*Available packages*

If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" or "patch" method for updating.

With this release, there are five packages available.

Full Package: Contains entire phpBB3 source and english language files.

Automatic Update Package: Update package for the automatic updater, containing the changes from previous release to this release.

Changed Files Only: Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB3. Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous release.

Patch Files: Contains patch compatible patches from previous versions of phpBB3.

Code Changes Package: Package contains changes to the following sections: Language changes, prosilver style changes and subsilver2 style changes.

Select whichever package is most suitable for you. As a tiny guide we recommend the following methods based on the requirements:

- For a new installation you should use the Full Package
- For updates of boards without modifications you can basically use the Automatic Update Package (guided udpate) or the Changed Files Only package (manual update).
- For updates of boards with modifications you should use the Automatic Update Package. If you are confident with patch files and patching you can use the Patch Files Package.
- Style Authors and Translators may use the Code Changes Package to update their styles or language packs directly.
- International Support Teams may use the Patch Package in conjunction with the Code Changes to better support users having problems with conflicts or specific code sections.
- If you are a hoster/provider, you may want to use the Patch Files Package to update all of your client installations.

*Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation, updates or conversions!*

*Download Locations*

You can of course find this download available on our downloads page at: http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/

*Download/Documentation*

phpBB Downloads - http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/
phpBB Projects page @ ohloh - http://www.ohloh.net/projects/phpbb
phpBB3 Documentation - http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/
phpBB3 support forum - http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=46
phpBB3 bug tracker - http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/
phpBB Code Forge - http://code.phpbb.com/
phpBB Code Wiki - http://wiki.phpbb.com/

Have fun with the release,
the phpBB Team
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Re: Going to upgrade the forums soon....

Postby VDub26Falcon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Furthermore, the internal updater has been updated

Nothing like updating an updater!!!
Be Special, Be Different, BE Bowling Green - Dino Babers
VDub26Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon
The Drunken Irish Falcon

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:56 pm

During BG/ut weekend??? ...Shirley you jest!!! :wink:

J/K...thanks Grant for all you do and for being able to understand all that stuff in your post! :rolleyes: I'm sure it's VERY important to maintenance of the boards! :smt017
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
~~USCHO Poster, AFTER Tech beat us
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:56 pm

... and don't call me Shirley!
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
"We are linked to this institution by invisible bonds that do not wither or dissolve." --BGSU President, Dr. Ralph W. McDonald - 1968
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:16 pm

So did you do the board maintenance?
"Regarding BGSU, I would think their biggest strength is that they never give up, They never slow down and they battle hard even after the other team scores. We have to be on our game and never, ever take the foot off the gas for a second."
~~USCHO Poster
"BG was relentless. It's like they know that a good first pass on the breakout from a defenseman will almost always result in an odd-man rush against them - but they go in anyway and dare you to make that pass. All three of their goals were just grit and effort. That's a team any fan can be proud to support...they give all they've got."
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:51 pm

No.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Just updated to 3.07... please let me know if you see any issues.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby TG1996 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:Just updated to 3.07... please let me know if you see any issues.

I can still smell RUIT, but other than that, it seems okay.
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:08 pm

TG1996 wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:Just updated to 3.07... please let me know if you see any issues.

Just be thankful you're not on his "list of five..."
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby TG1996 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:18 pm

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
TG1996 wrote:

*shudder*
"I don't believe I can name a coach, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, who did it better than Doyt Perry."
-1955 BG Assistant Bo Schembechler

BGSUsports.com - Where ESPN.com goes for BG history.
TG1996
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tech83 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:43 pm

I get an error message when I click "View more Smilies." Been getting a couple of days now.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Invalid use of group function [1111]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]
Tech83
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:12 pm

TG1996 wrote:
ZiggyZoomba wrote:
TG1996 wrote:

*shudder*

Miss a day; miss a lot. :lol:
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Tech83 wrote:I get an error message when I click "View more Smilies." Been getting a couple of days now.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

I'm still getting this. Anyone else?
~~USCHO Poster
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby ZiggyZoomba » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:12 am

Falcon Fanatic wrote:
Tech83 wrote:I get an error message when I click "View more Smilies." Been getting a couple of days now.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

I'll look into it.
Grant Cummings
ROLL ALONG!!!
ZiggyZoomba
The Wizard of AZZ
The Wizard of AZZ

Postby Falcon Fanatic » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 am

ZiggyZoomba wrote:
Falcon Fanatic wrote:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

I'll look into it.

thanks, G!!
~~USCHO Poster
#NeverGiveUp
#NeverSurrender
#Relentless
#Resiliant
Falcon Fanatic
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Admin