Caterrion Thompson

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

Caterrion Thompson

Postby threestooges » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:27 pm

Mississippi State has made it official. Caterrion Thompson is heading there as a grad transfer.

https://hailstate.com/news/2020/6/4/womens-basketball-mccray-penson-announces-two-additions-to-2020-signing-class.aspx
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Caterrion Thompson

Postby mbenecke » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:52 am

They've made the NCAA Tournament 6 years in a row, making 2 Final Fours and 2 National Title games in that span. She chose a fantastic program to continue her career. It's a long way from Lima, but I'm excited for her and I'll be rooting for her.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Caterrion Thompson

Postby threestooges » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:56 am

mbenecke wrote:They've made the NCAA Tournament 6 years in a row, making 2 Final Fours and 2 National Title games in that span. She chose a fantastic program to continue her career. It's a long way from Lima, but I'm excited for her and I'll be rooting for her.

Yeah, there's a very good chance that both Rion & Andrea Cecil get to play in the NCAA Tournament next year, assuming the season is played. Florida Gulf Coast went 30-3 last year and in addition to Andrea, they added Kiersten Bell, a transfer from Ohio State who was the first player to be named Ohio's Ms. Basketball three times.

And, while we're at it, Morgan McMillen (and Alyssa Dean) should have a great shot at NCAA play next year, too. Walsh went 28-2 this past year, & they had qualified for the NCAA Midwest Regional before everything was canceled.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Women's Hoops