NIU

BGSU Women's Basketball!!

NIU

Postby Class of 61 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:11 pm

First chance to see the ladies in person Sat., though I’ve seen a couple games that were broadcast.
Just an observation... a team has to learn HOW to win before it starts to win. Looking at the stats, a couple things jump out. But the most critical IMO? FREE THROW SHOOTING. 60% from line as a team isn’t going to win you many games. NIU was bigger so rebounding was critical. But coach has said almost after every game , “ we need to get this fixed. “
A 5 pt lead with 46 sec left isn’t ironclad, but losing a turnover and letting a wide open shooter alone were reasons that lead didn’t hold up.
These kids play hard, but lack a killer instinct, playing not to lose instead of playing to win. There IS a difference. But I see some positives happening too. A lot of young players or 1st yr players getting big time minutes.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: NIU

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:17 pm

Class of 61 wrote:First chance to see the ladies in person Sat., though I’ve seen a couple games that were broadcast.
Just an observation... a team has to learn HOW to win before it starts to win. Looking at the stats, a couple things jump out. But the most critical IMO? FREE THROW SHOOTING. 60% from line as a team isn’t going to win you many games. NIU was bigger so rebounding was critical. But coach has said almost after every game , “ we need to get this fixed. “
A 5 pt lead with 46 sec left isn’t ironclad, but losing a turnover and letting a wide open shooter alone were reasons that lead didn’t hold up.
These kids play hard, but lack a killer instinct, playing not to lose instead of playing to win. There IS a difference. But I see some positives happening too. A lot of young players or 1st yr players getting big time minutes.

100% agree....gotta learn how to win. We are def better than last year.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Return to Women's Hoops