Page 2 of 3

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:09 pm
by mbenecke
UAH has cut their hockey program, effective immediately. I feel for them, but it’s important to note that their lack of financing was a big reason many believed they weren’t invited to the new CCHA.

11/13-14 and 2/26-27 are now open on our schedule. I wonder if there’s anything that can be done to fill those dates, or if the league completely reconfigures the schedule.

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:33 pm
by mbenecke
Don Lucia (former Minnesota HC), Tom McGinnis (Minnesota Senior Associate AD), and Kevin Buisman (Minnesota State AD) are the finalists for the CCHA commissioner job.

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:22 am
by pdt1081
BG has picked up a transfer from Huntsville. Sophomore Defenseman Max Coyle. He should be industry available for play this season.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ep_transfers ... 4126917632

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:40 am
by Falcon Commander
Thankful for my time spent with
@uahhockey
. A program filled with quality people, from the staff to my teammates. That being said I’m very Excited for a new chapter both academically as well as on the ice in Ohio.
@BGFalconHockey

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:05 pm
by mbenecke
The CCHA commissioner is set to be announced on Wednesday (tomorrow) this week. The rumored front runner is Don Lucia, former Minnesota HC. But it’s also very possibly someone one else - I guess we’ll see!

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:23 am
by mbenecke
mbenecke wrote:The CCHA commissioner is set to be announced on Wednesday (tomorrow) this week. The rumored front runner is Don Lucia, former Minnesota HC. But it’s also very possibly someone one else - I guess we’ll see!


Multiple sources have confirmed that Don Lucia will indeed be the CCHA Commissioner, and that will be officially announced at 2:00pm EST.

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:40 pm
by TalonsUpPuckDown
I listened to Lucia's presser, some observations.

o Yeah, no. Huntsville will not be the 8th team.
o St. Thomas is in as the 8th if the NCAA grants them DI status and the Nacho's don't get there first.
o The MN and surrounding area press love this guy.
o The league won't be having an office (which is fine, probably not needed anyway).
o Missing: any real discussion about his vision for the league other than geographic cost containment with "like minded" schools.
o Missing: any questions or discussion regarding revenue and sponsorships.
o Praise the Lord, we'll still be playing for the MacNaughton Cup (whew!!).

I wasn't expecting anything super exciting and subsequently was not disappointed.

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:59 pm
by Critical Thinker
mbenecke wrote:
mbenecke wrote:The CCHA commissioner is set to be announced on Wednesday (tomorrow) this week. The rumored front runner is Don Lucia, former Minnesota HC. But it’s also very possibly someone one else - I guess we’ll see!


Multiple sources have confirmed that Don Lucia will indeed be the CCHA Commissioner, and that will be officially announced at 2:00pm EST.


Wasn't that the guy who whined about the smaller schools using 20 year old freshman to beat up on his one-and-done NHL prospects?

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:20 pm
by TalonsUpPuckDown
Critical Thinker wrote:
mbenecke wrote:
mbenecke wrote:The CCHA commissioner is set to be announced on Wednesday (tomorrow) this week. The rumored front runner is Don Lucia, former Minnesota HC. But it’s also very possibly someone one else - I guess we’ll see!


Multiple sources have confirmed that Don Lucia will indeed be the CCHA Commissioner, and that will be officially announced at 2:00pm EST.


Wasn't that the guy who whined about the smaller schools using 20 year old freshman to beat up on his one-and-done NHL prospects?


Yep.

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:06 pm
by Schadenfreude
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:I listened to Lucia's presser, some observations.

o Yeah, no. Huntsville will not be the 8th team.
o St. Thomas is in as the 8th if the NCAA grants them DI status and the Nacho's don't get there first.


Very interesting.

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:27 pm
by BGDrew
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:I listened to Lucia's presser, some observations.

o St. Thomas is in as the 8th if the NCAA grants them DI status and the Nacho's don't get there first.
o The league won't be having an office (which is fine, probably not needed.


These points aren’t accurate.

St. Thomas was asked about and Lucia most definitely did not say they’re “in.” He specifically said the league would be open to teams who are geographic fits and are institutionally committed to the sport. St. Thomas doesn’t even have a D1 rink built yet.

No decision has been made on a league office, and it was even mentioned having an office on one of the campuses to save money.

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:57 pm
by rood
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:o Missing: any real discussion about his vision for the league other than geographic cost containment with "like minded" schools.

I wasn't expecting anything super exciting and subsequently was not disappointed.

I suspect this hire was more about name recognition and reputation for the first few years of a new/old league than long-term vision. Get things up and running, hand over the reins five years down the road.

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:30 pm
by TalonsUpPuckDown
BGDrew wrote:
TalonsUpPuckDown wrote:I listened to Lucia's presser, some observations.

o St. Thomas is in as the 8th if the NCAA grants them DI status and the Nacho's don't get there first.
o The league won't be having an office (which is fine, probably not needed.


These points aren’t accurate.

St. Thomas was asked about and Lucia most definitely did not say they’re “in.” He specifically said the league would be open to teams who are geographic fits and are institutionally committed to the sport. St. Thomas doesn’t even have a D1 rink built yet.

No decision has been made on a league office, and it was even mentioned having an office on one of the campuses to save money.


Don't necessarily disagree Drew, this was just my impressions/observations. I should have qualified them more concretely as such.

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:10 pm
by AZIce
BG games staying in the same place.

nCCHA signs deal to have games on FloSports.

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/6754728-flohockey-ccha-announce-exclusive-streaming-partnership

Re: 2020 Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:34 pm
by pdt1081
AZIce wrote:BG games staying in the same place.

nCCHA signs deal to have games on FloSports.

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/6754728-flohockey-ccha-announce-exclusive-streaming-partnership

I will say I'm happy with this decision. Flo isn't perfect, but I've been watching dirt track racing for the past 2 months using the same subscription.