Former Falcon watch

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Former Falcon watch

Postby MarkL » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:12 pm

Scotty Miller with the Buccaneers caught his first TD of the season today. Brady threw 5 and needed all of them to beat the Chargers.
Jarrett Doege is having a great season so far with WVU. Averaging almost 250 yards passing a game, 66% completions, 5 TDs to 2 interceptions. Early in the season of course but currently that's his highest average ypg and completion percentage of his career. To a degree skewed high by blowing out EKU, yes that EKU, 56 - 10.
I was watching the Texas Tech / Texas game last week and heard a familiar name. Travis Koontz, former BG commit and the top star of the 2017 class that never stepped on campus is with Texas Tech. No TDs, but I think he was targeted on an incomplete pass in the end zone.
No stats yet on Grant Loy or James Morgan. Anyone else to track throughout the season?
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Former Falcon watch

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:13 am

MarkL wrote:Scotty Miller with the Buccaneers caught his first TD of the season today. Brady threw 5 and needed all of them to beat the Chargers.
Jarrett Doege is having a great season so far with WVU. Averaging almost 250 yards passing a game, 66% completions, 5 TDs to 2 interceptions. Early in the season of course but currently that's his highest average ypg and completion percentage of his career. To a degree skewed high by blowing out EKU, yes that EKU, 56 - 10.
I was watching the Texas Tech / Texas game last week and heard a familiar name. Travis Koontz, former BG commit and the top star of the 2017 class that never stepped on campus is with Texas Tech. No TDs, but I think he was targeted on an incomplete pass in the end zone.
No stats yet on Grant Loy or James Morgan. Anyone else to track throughout the season?

I was told Loy scored a 2PT XP conversion, but don’t know for certain.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby jpfalcon09 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:36 am

roguewarrior wrote:
MarkL wrote:Scotty Miller with the Buccaneers caught his first TD of the season today. Brady threw 5 and needed all of them to beat the Chargers.

I was told Loy scored a 2PT XP conversion, but don’t know for certain.

Loy threw for a 2-pt conversion on Auburn's first TD of the year a couple weeks ago.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Beaker » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:37 am

Yep, he threw for a 2 point conversion against Kentucky on Auburn's first TD of the game.
Beaker
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:29 am

Good catch, I was unaware of that. This article has a little 4 second clip of it. Can't tell by the video it is Loy. The video is fully missing context but it looks somewhat like how Oregon used to line up in an odd formation for an XP including the backup QB and kicker on the field. If the defense looks vulnerable, run a tricky play out of the formation for a 2 pt conversion. Otherwise change to the standard kick formarion and kick the XP.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football