Fall Play Rumor

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Fall Play Rumor

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:46 am

Six-game season seems really pointless. BG should use it as an opportunity to get their younger players some experience for next season, as was discussed earlier.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:33 pm

jpfalcon09 wrote:Six-game season seems really pointless. BG should use it as an opportunity to get their younger players some experience for next season, as was discussed earlier.

No spring. No fall. This 6 games is crucial for BG! 2020 class barely knows how to practice. Next year would be like having two new freshman classes , without some semblance of games now.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:15 pm

roguewarrior wrote:
jpfalcon09 wrote:Six-game season seems really pointless. BG should use it as an opportunity to get their younger players some experience for next season, as was discussed earlier.

No spring. No fall. This 6 games is crucial for BG! 2020 class barely knows how to practice. Next year would be like having two new freshman classes , without some semblance of games now.

Right, in essence it'll be a throwaway season so best to help out the young kids as much as possible.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:49 pm

PAC 12 being rumored to start up again, about a week or so after B10.
Would this leave MAC as only one left?
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:25 pm

Mountain West is back. MAC last FBS conference to decide.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby MarkL » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:21 am

The MAC was the first conference to cancel and currently the last one to stay that way. It definitely looks like the conference jumped the gun. Unless massive outbreaks badly impact the college football season, and for everyone's health sake I sure hope not, this is a bad look.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:18 am

MarkL wrote:The MAC was the first conference to cancel and currently the last one to stay that way. It definitely looks like the conference jumped the gun. Unless massive outbreaks badly impact the college football season, and for everyone's health sake I sure hope not, this is a bad look.

Some schools have been impacted greatly like Houston, who isn't even going to play a game in September. Others not so much. The MAC freaked out when the B1G canceled the non-conf games because of the financial concerns which was justified. Now they look foolish because others have been able to play to some extent. We'll see what happens. A six-game, likely mid-week only schedule after Election Day though doesn't really get me too excited.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby unfalconbelievable » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:11 pm

Weekday madness after all this in November. I'm betting this will be the case given we have bills to pay and ESPN will control the narrative. Which all in all will have fewer people then normal to games. And who will be allowed to go and what will be the capacity? I think BG Football the last few years invented Social Distancing before it even existed.
unfalconbelievable
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:22 pm

unfalconbelievable wrote:Weekday madness after all this in November. I'm betting this will be the case given we have bills to pay and ESPN will control the narrative. Which all in all will have fewer people then normal to games. And who will be allowed to go and what will be the capacity? I think BG Football the last few years invented Social Distancing before it even existed.

Right now no one is allowed to go to college football games in Ohio. DeWine might change that decree as we get closer to the start of the Big Ten season. Only family can attend high school games and the Browns/Bengals were each granted two homes games at 10% capacity.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Do weekdays in the Spring. Compete with no one and get your players more recognition for the draft as the only thing going on at the time. It's a no brainer other than potentially very cold weather. Can probably play indoors at a variety of places if necessary because no fans need to be there.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Tony4BG » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Per Pete Thamel MAC approved return to Fall football
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby mbenecke » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:44 pm

The MAC is officially back, according to Jordan Strack of WTOL.

It’s going to be a 6-game conference schedule. Official announcement is on the way.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:49 pm

Per Heather Dinich. Wednesday Nov 4 start.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby BGSU33 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:16 pm

I don't like the amount of 6 games at all - IF - all games count equal in the standings for the MACC this year. To me, this would be a good time to count only division vs division matchups in the standings like it used to be in the MAC back in the day when things were unbalanced. IMO, this 6-game schedule may as well only be a 5-game schedule where the entire East played the East and the entire West played the West. Then the true division champs would met in the MACC. If all 6 games count equally with only 1 crossover game (as opposed to 3 where things balance out) it means it will either be more difficult or much easier for some teams in relation to the standings depending who they get pitted with.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Globetrotter wrote:Do weekdays in the Spring. Compete with no one and get your players more recognition for the draft as the only thing going on at the time. It's a no brainer other than potentially very cold weather. Can probably play indoors at a variety of places if necessary because no fans need to be there.

A spring season is (and always was) an awful idea. It basically has you then playing two seasons within 6 months (assuming there's a vaccine/treatment in the interim) -- something no coaches want. It's too hard on the bodies of the athletes. The best solution is the one that has happened: go forward with a Fall season, even if it's condensed. Hopefully, the state will ease the no attendance thing and allow between 10-20 percent with social distancing and masks, much like they had with the Browns & Bengals. I watched the Browns game and it worked out just fine. No reason they can't do the same for college football.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Football