Doege named #1 QB for WVU today

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Doege named #1 QB for WVU today

Postby TommyG » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:51 pm

Guest44 just seems to know how BGSU athletics has actually operated the last 12-14 years. If many of you knew how incompetent things have been done since Greg Christopher was hired, your outlook on BGSU Athletics would be different too.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby jpfalcon09 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:18 pm

Falconwriter wrote:
threestooges wrote:
footballguy51 wrote:
threestooges wrote:
guest44 wrote:Mike Jinks, was at one point the highest paid employee at BGSU. Some of the people in the room that hired him, are still employed by BGSU including Kingston’s hand picked, unqualified assistant.

Jinks claimed and Bob continued to claim that Jinks was close to getting it turned around they just needed more talent. However, player arrests and high school level assistant coaches were clearly the real issue. Bob defended all the arrests and claimed the media was making more of it than it was.

One last point for the hire Carl Pelini crowd. He is now coaching high school football in Youngstown.

Thanks for the update :roll:

All BGSU athletic department employees are getting furloughed, so that should make you happy.

Where did you hear that?

From someone who works in the department. I haven't seen anything online, but he told me they got an email this morning. All full-time employees will take one furlough day each week from now until early January.

I know some of the higher paid employees, like Bob, had their pay reduced long ago when all of the budgetary issues were first being addressed. I had not heard about any of the others until now. I really think a lot of conferences jumped too early in canceling the season. With a new fast (15 minute) test becoming available, I think they might have been able to play the games and with limited fans in the stands. The hit to the budget would have happened, but it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. If the conferences that chose to play get through the season, a lot of the others are going to be second-guessing their decisions.

Who knows. DeWine today gave an exemption to the Browns and Bengals for 6,000 fans to attend two separate games as kind of a trial run. If OSU was playing perhaps that exemption would have been extended to colleges and the MAC could at least generate some sort of parking and gate revenue, but it's all speculation. I do believe though, rightly or wrongly, that the conferences who postponed their seasons will end up looking as if they overreacted.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconfreak90 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
MarkL wrote:So Jinks had a future 4th round QB and a future Big 12 starting QB. And in 2.5 years got a total of 6 wins from them.

Wow.

Well said. Jinks was almost certainly the worst football coach we ever had here.

Most certainly...I had to live through the Moe Ankney years when I was at BG.

During the Jinks era, I kept wishing Moe was back. That's how bad Jinks was...
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby mbenecke » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:36 am

Falconfreak90 wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:
MarkL wrote:So Jinks had a future 4th round QB and a future Big 12 starting QB. And in 2.5 years got a total of 6 wins from them.

Wow.

Well said. Jinks was almost certainly the worst football coach we ever had here.

Most certainly...I had to live through the Moe Ankney years when I was at BG.

During the Jinks era, I kept wishing Moe was back. That's how bad Jinks was...

Lucky you. I had the Mike Jinks era during my years.

Why couldn't I have been smarter and skipped a grade way back when in order to be on campus for 2015, at least?! :lol:
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Football