Doege named #1 QB for WVU today

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Doege named #1 QB for WVU today

Postby BGSU33 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:39 pm

For those keeping track, Doege has been named the starting QB for West Virginia.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Doege named #1 QB for WVU today

Postby MarkL » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 pm

So Jinks had a future 4th round QB and a future Big 12 starting QB. And in 2.5 years got a total of 6 wins from them.

Wow.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby guest44 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:23 am

Mike Jinks, was at one point the highest paid employee at BGSU. Some of the people in the room that hired him, are still employed by BGSU including Kingston’s hand picked, unqualified assistant.

Jinks claimed and Bob continued to claim that Jinks was close to getting it turned around they just needed more talent. However, player arrests and high school level assistant coaches were clearly the real issue. Bob defended all the arrests and claimed the media was making more of it than it was.

One last point for the hire Carl Pelini crowd. He is now coaching high school football in Youngstown.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:25 am

Always happy to root for guys when they leave here (on good terms, of course), and Doege is no different. Super happy for the guy, hoping he makes some noise this year.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:29 am

guest44 wrote:Mike Jinks, was at one point the highest paid employee at BGSU. Some of the people in the room that hired him, are still employed by BGSU including Kingston’s hand picked, unqualified assistant.

Jinks claimed and Bob continued to claim that Jinks was close to getting it turned around they just needed more talent. However, player arrests and high school level assistant coaches were clearly the real issue. Bob defended all the arrests and claimed the media was making more of it than it was.

One last point for the hire Carl Pelini crowd. He is now coaching high school football in Youngstown.

I'm glad you've never made any bad decisions in your life. Imagine what people would say if you had.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 am

guest44 wrote:Mike Jinks, was at one point the highest paid employee at BGSU. Some of the people in the room that hired him, are still employed by BGSU including Kingston’s hand picked, unqualified assistant.

Thanks for the update :roll:

All BGSU athletic department employees are getting furloughed, so that should make you happy.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:00 am

Kinda sums up the Mike Jinks era...he could recruit talent (Doege) but not develop it (Doege, Morgan)...
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby footballguy51 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:52 am

threestooges wrote:

All BGSU athletic department employees are getting furloughed, so that should make you happy.

Where did you hear that?
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:56 am

footballguy51 wrote:
threestooges wrote:

Where did you hear that?

From someone who works in the department. I haven't seen anything online, but he told me they got an email this morning. All full-time employees will take one furlough day each week from now until early January.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby guest44 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:02 am

Wait, so Bob's June budget was just a bit off?
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 am

guest44 wrote:Wait, so Bob's June budget was just a bit off?

Every post you make bashes Bob, Jinks, Loeffler or the athletic department as a whole. You clearly have an axe to grind with Bob & his staff, & I can't take anything you say seriously because of it.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby guest44 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:34 am

Just look at the budget, It speaks for itself.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:00 pm

threestooges wrote:
guest44 wrote:Wait, so Bob's June budget was just a bit off?

Every post you make bashes Bob, Jinks, Loeffler or the athletic department as a whole. You clearly have an axe to grind with Bob & his staff, & I can't take anything you say seriously because of it.

+1

His whole purpose seems to be to trash BGSU athletics here as much as possible. It is almost as if he opposes BGSU having a Division I athletic department. Given his views, I'm not sure why he even posts here except to troll.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:04 pm

MarkL wrote:So Jinks had a future 4th round QB and a future Big 12 starting QB. And in 2.5 years got a total of 6 wins from them.

Wow.

Well said. Jinks was almost certainly the worst football coach we ever had here.
Schadenfreude

Postby Falconwriter » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:32 pm

threestooges wrote:
footballguy51 wrote:
threestooges wrote:

Where did you hear that?

From someone who works in the department. I haven't seen anything online, but he told me they got an email this morning. All full-time employees will take one furlough day each week from now until early January.

I know some of the higher paid employees, like Bob, had their pay reduced long ago when all of the budgetary issues were first being addressed. I had not heard about any of the others until now. I really think a lot of conferences jumped too early in canceling the season. With a new fast (15 minute) test becoming available, I think they might have been able to play the games and with limited fans in the stands. The hit to the budget would have happened, but it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. If the conferences that chose to play get through the season, a lot of the others are going to be second-guessing their decisions.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Football