Practice Schedule

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Practice Schedule

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:36 am

8 hours per week of coach contact. Training for 3 and helmets and faux shoulder pads for 7-7 on two days, is base plan. Saving lives. Now that we are making lemonade from these rotten lemons, we should be better coming out at the start of our next season. Bigger stronger faster more assimilated freshman and likely lose a few more not with the program. This should test the will of all.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Re: Practice Schedule

Postby mbenecke » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Any idea yet on a timetable for a winter/spring season? I'd love to know whether we're looking at something like January-March or more like March-May, and if we'll see any non-conference match-ups to perhaps see the money from our payday games.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:16 pm

mbenecke wrote:Any idea yet on a timetable for a winter/spring season? I'd love to know whether we're looking at something like January-March or more like March-May, and if we'll see any non-conference match-ups to perhaps see the money from our payday games.

I think the general commentaries have been along the lines of they can’t see a spring season happening.... not due to the plague; but, from a back to back season perspective. Will kids burn a year of eligibility for say 5 games; or opt out of spring and wait for a full Fall?? .... too many questions remain for any of them to speculate... I’m finished guessing.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Tony4BG » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:54 am

Well, NCAA just recently extended an extra year of eligibility for all Fall athletes. Great for Power 5 schools, not so much for the rest.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby roguewarrior » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:18 pm

mbenecke wrote:Any idea yet on a timetable for a winter/spring season? I'd love to know whether we're looking at something like January-March or more like March-May, and if we'll see any non-conference match-ups to perhaps see the money from our payday games.

Update: my friend that has a player at Akron said they had a meeting with their coaches last night. Said 8-9 game spring MAC season with two OOC and MAC championship is on. late February start, barring plague outbreak between TG and Xmas. ESPN reportedly on board. No such alert has been Given to us.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Class of 61 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Personally, I think 9 games in Spring is crazy. End season in April ( usual time of Spring game) seems OK. BUT: not a lot of healing time for a Fall season ( practice starts in July). [-X
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:28 am

roguewarrior wrote:

Update: my friend that has a player at Akron said they had a meeting with their coaches last night. Said 8-9 game spring MAC season with two OOC and MAC championship is on. late February start, barring plague outbreak between TG and Xmas. ESPN reportedly on board. No such alert has been Given to us.

Assuming only a few conferences move forward with spring plans, I think this could be huge for exposure if ESPN actually broadcasts on their real channels (not the app stuff), and for potential fan attendance. I know I'll plan on coming up for a couple of spring games if the numbers are under control/vaccine is out. Definitely share concern with Class of 61 on the recovery time from spring to July camp, but aside from severe injuries, I don't think it would have too much of an impact.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 pm

I think the interest for MAC football in the spring will be almost zero for ESPN. I’m sure they are willing to throw games on ESPNU and ESPN3....funny thing is if fans are allowed at games the MAC will still play on Tuesday nights because ESPN offers to put one game on National tv.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:38 pm

drumstix2388 wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:

Assuming only a few conferences move forward with spring plans, I think this could be huge for exposure if ESPN actually broadcasts on their real channels (not the app stuff), and for potential fan attendance. I know I'll plan on coming up for a couple of spring games if the numbers are under control/vaccine is out. Definitely share concern with Class of 61 on the recovery time from spring to July camp, but aside from severe injuries, I don't think it would have too much of an impact.

Problem is the competition will be Big Ten football and all of college basketball. That's pretty tough competition for a spring tv audience. I'm perfectly happy to let ESPN+ / ESPN3 handle MAC games and I'll watch online.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:47 pm

TommyG wrote:I think the interest for MAC football in the spring will be almost zero for ESPN. I’m sure they are willing to throw games on ESPNU and ESPN3....funny thing is if fans are allowed at games the MAC will still play on Tuesday nights because ESPN offers to put one game on National tv.

Since it’s spring, they could play these games Friday nights under the lights; or Sunday..... That clears time slots for ESPN? Now that I say it, Friday nights would be pretty cool... probably get a lot more students across the board at games.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:12 pm

roguewarrior wrote:

No doubt the conference will do whatever it can to get that ESPN money. Probably only way they make it by the skin of their teeth. ESPN probably wants some sort of guarantee for content if the NBA has issues with their 2020-21 season. Who knows at this point, all conjecture. Hope there's football even in sub-optimal weather conditions.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Well, they can use a ball now instead of a towel. NCAA loosened restrictions.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Or they could play sarcastaball ...

MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football