Just an idea...

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Just an idea...

Postby slashba33 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Like most of you, I am still reeling over the fact there will be no Falcon Football this Fall. This is without question the worst year for sports in my lifetime!

This will take some work and persuading with administration/AD, but would any of you be interested in doing a tailgate at the stadium on a Saturday (let's say Oct. 3rd from what was homecoming) to at least experience what would be a normal Saturday at the Doyt? I'm sure this would require people to take part in social distancing/wear a mask and will be the greatest roadblock in my opinion. We may be restricted to the blacktop in general parking or at the Stroh. Security, parking attendants, etc. may be required depending on turnout.

I thought it would be worth a try to help lift the spirits of many heartbroken fans. Even if they have the season in the Spring, nothing beats a college football Saturday!

This may be a complete pipe dream, but I know something will be needed to fill the void!

THOUGHTS?
BG Warrior!!
1 of 5 BG Alumni in the Family!
slashba33
Chick
Chick

Re: Just an idea...

Postby mbenecke » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:59 pm

That would be awesome. I don't know how realistic it is, but that would be awesome.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby pdt1081 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:31 pm

Just show up and do it. The University won't want the bad PR of shutting it down.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:56 pm

It won't be with fans this fall, but I do wonder if they will get to do a "spring ball in the fall" type of thing, with a spring game sometime this October or so. I'd be very interested in the results of that happening, if allowed.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:46 am

mbenecke wrote:It won't be with fans this fall, but I do wonder if they will get to do a "spring ball in the fall" type of thing, with a spring game sometime this October or so. I'd be very interested in the results of that happening, if allowed.

Related idea. If the covid situation improves in the fall, a MAC / Big Ten challenge. A series of short travel exhibition games between MAC and Big Ten teams at Big Ten sites for larger stadiums allowing for spaced seating. Proceeds to covid related charity.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:48 am

slashba33 wrote:Like most of you, I am still reeling over the fact there will be no Falcon Football this Fall. This is without question the worst year for sports in my lifetime!

This will take some work and persuading with administration/AD, but would any of you be interested in doing a tailgate at the stadium on a Saturday (let's say Oct. 3rd from what was homecoming) to at least experience what would be a normal Saturday at the Doyt? I'm sure this would require people to take part in social distancing/wear a mask and will be the greatest roadblock in my opinion. We may be restricted to the blacktop in general parking or at the Stroh. Security, parking attendants, etc. may be required depending on turnout.

I thought it would be worth a try to help lift the spirits of many heartbroken fans. Even if they have the season in the Spring, nothing beats a college football Saturday!

This may be a complete pipe dream, but I know something will be needed to fill the void!

THOUGHTS?

Love the idea. Makes me wish I still lived in the midwest. I would be in if not for geography.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football