2020 schedule changes to come?

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby roguewarrior » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:02 am

kdog27 wrote:
mbenecke wrote: I hope we have a football season. I truly do, but that's because I hope there is a safe vaccine or legitimate treatment that comes up first. If there isn't, I don't know if there is a path forward without extreme measures being taken. I'm just hoping for the best.

Meh I hope there isn’t for the selfish reason that I can see roguewarrior cry about it all year.


Why are you on a football site? What kind of miscreant hopes there isn’t a football season, on a football site?!? I have a player on the team, and there is zero fear. We have skin in the game. It really only effects us, not you. It must be difficult to live life for you, being so soft.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
User avatar
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby Flipper » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:11 am

drumstix2388 wrote:
Flipper wrote:At this point...one can easily argue that this isn't the same virus it was in February or March. We keep hearing about "cases"...but that's a meaningless number without any additional context. Death rates are down. More asymptomatic cases are being identified, but we aren't given those numbers in the headlines...we just hear about "cases"....a number that might include the same person being counted multiple times...or does include people who didn't respond to a contact tracer.

I hate top say it...but we're becoming a nation of pussies


I can confirm with certainty that people are not being counted multiple times. Every test for every person goes into a database and multiple tests on a person are not counted individually. The only way one person could be counted as multiple cases would be if they gave a different ID, which is a different problem.

There's a lot more I disagree with in your post, but I know that's a dead end. I just wanted to correct the weird rumor about the multiple counting. I'm briefed on these numbers for Nashville daily and have seen what the data looks like. Tons of people are testing positive multiple times but they are not reflected in the published reports.


Justin Hart...on his twitter feed...has pulled apart data from Ohio and Florida showing that there are people who have been counted as many as four times.
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
User avatar
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot
 
Posts: 16161
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:01 am
Location: Ida Twp, MI

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby kdog27 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:18 am

No way! You have a kid that plays football? We hadn’t noticed by your other 100 posts about it.

I’m a general manager of a major grocery chain so yeah it does probably affect me and my employees.
User avatar
kdog27
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 6577
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby roguewarrior » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:23 am

kdog27 wrote:No way! You have a kid that plays football? We hadn’t noticed by your other 100 posts about it.

I’m a general manager of a major grocery chain so yeah it does probably affect me and my employees.



No, it doesn’t effect you if the BG players play the games and you are sitting at home.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
User avatar
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby pdt1081 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:24 am

Flipper wrote:Justin Hart...on his twitter feed...has pulled apart data from Ohio and Florida showing that there are people who have been counted as many as four times.

Jack Windsor from Mansfield and Brian Blackburn have both done the same for Ohio. Windsor got confirmation from someone in Dewine's adminstration that they were not deduplicating the case numbers. So, yeah, it is happening.
Phi or Die
User avatar
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:09 pm

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby pdt1081 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:35 am

mbenecke wrote:Brutal because despite being asymptomatic, anyone he has come into contact with (including his own family members, his players and staff, his neighbor, the guy who delivered him a pizza, his mailman, etc.), plus anyone THEY have come into contact with, between the time he was exposed and the time he tested positive now also may be infected, and it may impact them in a worse way. I feel like that's the point that is still somehow lost on a lot of people. That's why this virus is such a difficult thing to deal with.

I know I would feel awful if I had it, felt fine, then gave it to my mother-in-law (or any older person, for that matter) and it killed her. There's just still so much that we don't know about this virus that makes it nearly impossible to feel completely sure how to proceed.

I hope we have a football season. I truly do, but that's because I hope there is a safe vaccine or legitimate treatment that comes up first. If there isn't, I don't know if there is a path forward without extreme measures being taken. I'm just hoping for the best.

You should read more than just what the mainstream media tells you. What causes spread? Coughing, sneezing, etc. Which are SYMPTOMS. Asymptomatic means he doesn't have...... SYMPTOMS. If it spread as fast and as easily as you explain above, we would all have had it by now, since it's been here, in Ohio, since November.

If you want to line up to be injected with a vaccine that has been rushed into production, skipping multiple steps in the process, more power to you. This virus is so dangerous that most people need a test to even know they have it. Why is there a need to inject a weakened form of the virus into people? You only hope for a vaccine because you've been told we need one.
Phi or Die
User avatar
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:09 pm

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby drumstix2388 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:36 pm

pdt1081 wrote:
Flipper wrote:Justin Hart...on his twitter feed...has pulled apart data from Ohio and Florida showing that there are people who have been counted as many as four times.

Jack Windsor from Mansfield and Brian Blackburn have both done the same for Ohio. Windsor got confirmation from someone in Dewine's adminstration that they were not deduplicating the case numbers. So, yeah, it is happening.


I've seen the arguments that people in Ohio have been counted multiple times at the same time, but it has all been debunked, pretty publicly. I think I read about that in the DDN or Cincinnati Enquirer, can't remember which. Basically, the way information feeds into the database when they do mass testing in places like nursing homes makes it look like it was the same person 4, 5, 6 times, but really it was four different 83 year old females in the same county.

If it is in regards to the same person being counted on different occasions, I'm not sure how people like Justin Hart would even have access to that with all of the HIPAA laws protecting identity. I can access a lot more than an average person, but I can't look into an individual's medical record to see how many times they were tested, or the results. Perhaps I'm wrong here! If there is something that proves me wrong I would legit love to know, so I can do some more research on it.

I don't know much about Florida, but I do know they changed the way they're reporting because of some concerns with multiple positives and positive rates, but that was all before the recent skyrocketing of cases.

Last thing I'm going to post about COVID unless someone asks me something specifically, because I deal with enough ridicule in my real life by working for a hospital: It's a shame that some people seem to be confusing compassion and caution with being a pussy. This is serious s**t, and I'll share two quick examples of why I think football should be moved to spring.
1) Regardless of what roguewarrior and his kid may feel, I know that some people on BG's team are a lot more apprehensive about playing. I've connected with one player specifically who is a leader on the team, and he's very concerned about not being able to be around his family for the entire season because he doesn't want to potentially expose his parent or grandparents. That's a really difficult, and I would argue unfair, thing to ask a young man who is 18-22 to do.
2) A friend of mine recently attended a baby shower where most of her family was in attendance. Everyone stayed distant, to the best of their abilities, but only her grandparents, who are in their 70s, wore masks. A few days later, both of her parents and both of her grandparents tested positive for COVID. Her parents recovered fully, but both grandparents are currently in the ICU, and her grandfather is on day 11 of being on a ventilator. Are they old? Sure. But was contracting a virus that could kill both grandparents preventable? Yes! I, personally, would like my family members to stay safe and alive as long as possible, and I also want to be able to spend quality time with them. Rushing back in to things puts both of those in jeopardy.

I hope all of you and your families stay safe and healthy. I'll be back on here to talk some football when the season gets started, whenever that may be.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
User avatar
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby roguewarrior » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:32 pm

I respect your opinion. That said, the player with the apprehension is in the same boat, whether playing or not, correct? I cannot speak for BG’s stance, but Akron gave players the free “out” from team activities, and honor their scholarship, if they were that apprehensive. I presume they lose that year off...? I would imagine that to be a MAC wide protocol.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
User avatar
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby hammb » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:57 am

roguewarrior wrote:
kdog27 wrote:
mbenecke wrote: I hope we have a football season. I truly do, but that's because I hope there is a safe vaccine or legitimate treatment that comes up first. If there isn't, I don't know if there is a path forward without extreme measures being taken. I'm just hoping for the best.

Meh I hope there isn’t for the selfish reason that I can see roguewarrior cry about it all year.


Why are you on a football site? What kind of miscreant hopes there isn’t a football season, on a football site?!? I have a player on the team, and there is zero fear. We have skin in the game. It really only effects us, not you. It must be difficult to live life for you, being so soft.


The fact you call this a football site shows exactly how out of touch you are with what azz actually is. This is a football board on a bgsu site. And for most of us football ranks pretty damn low down the totem pole of things we love about BG.

This is a community for bgsu people. The football is ancillary.
User avatar
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries
 
Posts: 12730
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:21 am
Location: Bowling Green

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby roguewarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:08 am

hammb wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:
kdog27 wrote:
mbenecke wrote: I hope we have a football season. I truly do, but that's because I hope there is a safe vaccine or legitimate treatment that comes up first. If there isn't, I don't know if there is a path forward without extreme measures being taken. I'm just hoping for the best.

Meh I hope there isn’t for the selfish reason that I can see roguewarrior cry about it all year.


Why are you on a football site? What kind of miscreant hopes there isn’t a football season, on a football site?!? I have a player on the team, and there is zero fear. We have skin in the game. It really only effects us, not you. It must be difficult to live life for you, being so soft.


The fact you call this a football site shows exactly how out of touch you are with what azz actually is. This is a football board on a bgsu site. And for most of us football ranks pretty damn low down the totem pole of things we love about BG.

This is a community for bgsu people. The football is ancillary.



There are 14,000 posts on the football board. That eclipses all other AZZ boards combined. The exact opposite of what you stated.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
User avatar
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby roguewarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:21 am

Without Football at BG, there are no Cheerleaders, no band (I’m guessing you were in the band) no mascot, no ay ziggy zoomba..... most other sports would be gone that aren’t self sufficient.... you can turn BG into University of Phoenix, and the campus can become a nice housing project. You should pray that football is played this fall, if you want BG to survive in any semblance of what it is.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
User avatar
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:24 am

roguewarrior wrote:
kdog27 wrote:No way! You have a kid that plays football? We hadn’t noticed by your other 100 posts about it.

I’m a general manager of a major grocery chain so yeah it does probably affect me and my employees.



No, it doesn’t effect you if the BG players play the games and you are sitting at home.


Are you serious right now? He is an executive for a grocery store chain.
User avatar
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller
 
Posts: 6104
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:39 am
Location: Chicagoland

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby roguewarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:48 am

Schadenfreude wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:
kdog27 wrote:No way! You have a kid that plays football? We hadn’t noticed by your other 100 posts about it.

I’m a general manager of a major grocery chain so yeah it does probably affect me and my employees.




No, it doesn’t effect you if the BG players play the games and you are sitting at home.


Are you serious right now? He is an executive for a grocery store chain.


How does BG playing a football game on a Saturday, probably in an empty stadium effect grocery store operations X miles away from stores ? I didn’t say Covid doesn’t screw up his daily life operating the stores.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
User avatar
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby Flipper » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:48 am

The eggs will still be there if we don't play a down....
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
User avatar
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot
 
Posts: 16161
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:01 am
Location: Ida Twp, MI

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:27 am

pdt1081 wrote:
Flipper wrote:Justin Hart...on his twitter feed...has pulled apart data from Ohio and Florida showing that there are people who have been counted as many as four times.

Jack Windsor from Mansfield and Brian Blackburn have both done the same for Ohio. Windsor got confirmation from someone in Dewine's adminstration that they were not deduplicating the case numbers. So, yeah, it is happening.


Jack Windsor is a charlatan. Just stop.
User avatar
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller
 
Posts: 6104
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:39 am
Location: Chicagoland

PreviousNext

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2006Grad, footballguy51 and 4 guests