Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby factman » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:57 pm

I look at it as a chance to improve my PR of Falcon athletic events attended in one day. I believe my current record is 5, set many years ago.
:rolleyes: :mrgreen:
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:11 pm

roguewarrior wrote:I hope the MAC stands tall.

The MAC sure did. I'm proud to be a fan of Bowling Green and of this conference. This was the right decision.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby roguewarrior » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:35 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:I hope the MAC stands tall.

The MAC sure did. I'm proud to be a fan of Bowling Green and of this conference. This was the right decision.

I bet you are. Love to know how we will be saving lives, since we are still practicing?
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby guest44 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:09 am

Are all the athletes still living in the hotels?
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby kdog27 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 am

Well it’s sounding like the power 5 going pull the plug too.
kdog27
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:57 am

There is a movement on social media among players to say they want to play. A last second ditch effort I suppose. It is going to naturally create a rift between players and administration, should the season be canceled, and coaches are going to have to walk a fine line between standing up for their players and handling administrative duties.

But it is not just players on one side and administration on the other. The Arkansas AD is siding with the players.

Grab your popcorn.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:03 am

guest44 wrote:Are all the athletes still living in the hotels?

Yes, in hotels and practicing. Still none of the “saving players lives” group has a comment on the fact that we are and will still practice/train all fall.... how are we saving players lives, or the lives of their grandparents ? The plan on the table is to essentially have spring ball this fall, with a “spring game”. Up to the NCAA to ratify the calendar, later this week. I breath a sigh of relief, as we are now safe from the plague.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Falconwriter » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:32 am

roguewarrior wrote:

Yes, in hotels and practicing. Still none of the “saving players lives” group has a comment on the fact that we are and will still practice/train all fall.... how are we saving players lives, or the lives of their grandparents ? The plan on the table is to essentially have spring ball this fall, with a “spring game”. Up to the NCAA to ratify the calendar, later this week. I breath a sigh of relief, as we are now safe from the plague.

You do understand the rationale behind sequestering teams together so they don't have outside contacts (including family), right? Unless someone breaks that protocol, there is no way they get infected -- thus saving player lives AND saving the lives of family members. It's exactly the formula the NHL and some other sports leagues are using, and unless people behaving stupidly and go out, anyway, it has been working.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby guest44 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:09 pm

Ya, those leagues have billions of dollars. Do you think it is being monitored at the BG Fairfield Inn the way it is in Orlando for the NBA? They are using the same hotel as visiting baseball and softball teams and parents from all over the area. If it is not safe for the athletes to stay in dorms, I'm pretty sure dishing out money to stay in hotels make little more sense. Especially when inevitably the season was going to be canceled. Just keep spending, and it will never come back.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Falconwriter wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:

You do understand the rationale behind sequestering teams together so they don't have outside contacts (including family), right? Unless someone breaks that protocol, there is no way they get infected -- thus saving player lives AND saving the lives of family members. It's exactly the formula the NHL and some other sports leagues are using, and unless people behaving stupidly and go out, anyway, it has been working.

I’m not throwing anyone under the bus, but that is incredibly naive......they are living there, not sequestered. Practicing, training, classes, Chipotle, girlfriends, parties..... to your attempted point, they would be held to a much higher standard if they were PLAYING and not just training. I submit they are at greater “risk” now.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby guest44 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Bingo. If you think BGSU is watching who is coming in and out of those hotels you are out of your damn mind. It was just another part of a plan that made no sense, and BGSU doesn't have the resources to do it the right way. The hotel probably can't wait to get the athletes out of there. It's a very expensive plan with no plan,
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:02 pm

You are correct that there is no check in. I think the hotels were cheaper, frankly (because of Covid-empty). With respect to the staff, they were navigating in the dark. Asked to do something different every day. Stop. Go. Wait....
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby kdog27 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:21 pm

I don’t understand paying that money to a hotel. Summertime so why can’t they use a wing/floor of a dorm. Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t get that expenditure by a program strapped for $
kdog27
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby factman » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:32 pm

It is probably cheaper for them to stay in a hotel rather than the dorms. A few years age we tried to put some baseball teams in the dorm for a week tournament and the price the university wanted was exorbitant , even with nothing other than the beds in the rooms.
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Football