2020 schedule changes to come?

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:40 am

MarkL wrote:Big Ten released their schedule today. 10 game conference only schedule. Starting Labor Day weekend, with bye weeks built in. It is a pretty good plan.

And wow does Purdue have a tough start. @Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, @Illinois, @Wisconsin. Taking away non conference games makes for a brutal start with no opportunity to fix problems that OOC teams expose.

I also heard from a contact in athletics that Big Ten has a full back-up "spring schedule" in place if the need to cancel the season comes up, so that they aren't left scrambling for scheduling logistics should that happen. I have to assume the other conferences have done or are planning to do the same.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:43 am

drumstix2388 wrote:
MarkL wrote:Big Ten released their schedule today. 10 game conference only schedule. Starting Labor Day weekend, with bye weeks built in. It is a pretty good plan.

And wow does Purdue have a tough start. @Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, @Illinois, @Wisconsin. Taking away non conference games makes for a brutal start with no opportunity to fix problems that OOC teams expose.

I also heard from a contact in athletics that Big Ten has a full back-up "spring schedule" in place if the need to cancel the season comes up, so that they aren't left scrambling for scheduling logistics should that happen. I have to assume the other conferences have done or are planning to do the same.

Fail to plan, plan to fail.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:03 pm

Now that the NCAA has released their guidance I suspect the MAC will announce their plans soon. Honestly think an 8+2 schedule is the best way forward.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:03 pm

MAC is meeting tomorrow to discuss their path forward.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Siborg » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:23 pm

roguewarrior wrote:
guest44 wrote:Mike Jinks recruiting was horrible also. Does anyone know if this was a Jinks recruit?

https://www.sent-trib.com/news/former-b ... ium=social

Never forget BGSU led the country in arrests the off-season before Jinks was finally fired. Bob thought the media was exaggerating the numbers.

Coach tossed him off the team. Don’t know if he was a Jinks recruit, or came before him. He is, however, a “Florida athlete” coveted by so many here. I like the 4 hour radius better.

I have him as a true freshman in 2015.
Siborg
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby guest44 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:45 am

Rogue is camp still starting tomorrow?
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:23 pm

From the Twitters...

BGSU Football will delay the start of fall camp one week, to begin Aug. 14. Because of the success seen within the structure of the current enhanced summer access schedule, the program will continue with weight training, conditioning, film review, walk-throughs and meetings over the course of the next week. The program will then begin a traditional NCAA fall camp schedule leading into its first game, set for Sept. 12.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 pm

MAC pushed decision to the weekend
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby jpfalcon09 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:47 pm

This conference sucks at everything it does.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby guest44 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:50 pm

Meanwhile, despite the success seen within the structure of the enhanced workout schedule, BGSU sent out messages to people who plan to live on campus. It reads in bold print "we are encouraging students to find alternative living arrangements".

In addition, all students must sign this before arriving to campus https://www.bgsu.edu/wellcheck
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Tony4BG wrote:MAC pushed decision to the weekend

Rumor is that Northern Illinois is strongly considering not playing football this fall.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby Flipper » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:59 am

Do the conference bylaws allow a member to unilaterally withdraw from competition...especially when it's based on what might happen and there are other measures deemed effective to allay those concerns?
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby drumstix2388 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:32 am

Schadenfreude wrote:
Tony4BG wrote:MAC pushed decision to the weekend

Rumor is that Northern Illinois is strongly considering not playing football this fall.

I think this is going to be a consistent one-by-one drop for the next few weeks now that it has come out that a some players have had severe cases (Travez Moore at LSU losing 30 pounds, Brady Feeney at IU spending time in ER and developing heart condition), but more as a self-preservation thing. If there ends up being some kind of class-action lawsuit, schools that opt out will probably have a level of immunity. FCS conferences are starting to call of their seasons, as well, and as I mentioned before, changes often start at the lower levels and move their way up.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby threestooges » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:46 am

Flipper wrote:Do the conference bylaws allow a member to unilaterally withdraw from competition...especially when it's based on what might happen and there are other measures deemed effective to allay those concerns?

Maybe they're tired of watching everyone continue to kick the can down the road, & they've decided to actually do something.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FalconTurf » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:04 pm

threestooges wrote:
Flipper wrote:Do the conference bylaws allow a member to unilaterally withdraw from competition...especially when it's based on what might happen and there are other measures deemed effective to allay those concerns?

Maybe they're tired of watching everyone continue to kick the can down the road, & they've decided to actually do something.

We need 12 teams playing football in the future so I don’t imagine the Presidents of the MAC will move to expel anyone for not playing this year. Based on no money games for BG at this point it financially makes cancelling the season a serious discussion. Hate to see it but I’m prepared to see it.
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Football