2020 schedule changes to come?

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: 2020 schedule changes to come?

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Not going to parse through 100 posts of what seems to be mostly unrelated discussions pertaining to the topic at hand. If there is football this fall (which I doubt) then I see it being an 11-game conference slate - everyone plays everyone. Spring football seems like the better play though as it gives more time to sort out OOC games and protocol for potentially having fans at games.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:27 pm

jpfalcon09 wrote:Not going to parse through 100 posts of what seems to be mostly unrelated discussions pertaining to the topic at hand. If there is football this fall (which I doubt) then I see it being an 11-game conference slate - everyone plays everyone. Spring football seems like the better play though as it gives more time to sort out OOC games and protocol for potentially having fans at games.

It will be decided first week of August.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:56 pm

If it is going to be conference only I suggest an 8 game season stretched across 12 weeks. 4 sets of two weeks with games followed with a bye week to allow mini quarantines throughout the season. Attendance limited to season ticket holders and students only as I've seen other ADs suggest that ticketing arrangement.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:22 pm

MarkL wrote:If it is going to be conference only I suggest an 8 game season stretched across 12 weeks. 4 sets of two weeks with games followed with a bye week to allow mini quarantines throughout the season. Attendance limited to season ticket holders and students only as I've seen other ADs suggest that ticketing arrangement.

That seems reasonable. Wonder if we pick up more MAC games cross division, presuming Liberty and Robert M are gone...
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Flipper » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:58 pm

It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby roguewarrior » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Flipper wrote:https://cbs12.com/news/local/i-team-deaths-incorrectly-attributed-to-covid-19-in-palm-beach-county?fbclid=IwAR0SO15AGAEHBQJpg_nkNW_vUskX-w-lEdrh3lT8rqZP05Gry_DFhBsM248

It is irrelevant that the data and reporting is all wrong everywhere. It’s good science, man! I think we should reschedule the season to Fall 2022. Better safe than sorry. It’s all about the kids!
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:46 pm

Ball State added Iowa State to their schedule this year. They still have two openings which makes me wonder if the MAC is going to try and roll with a 10-game season, 2 OOC and 8 conference games. Something to watch as the days count down to camps opening.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:01 pm

Interesting. We shall see. A friend plays for Ball State and heard they were trying to book ND, since they are nearby travel wise and have holes in schedule....
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby roguewarrior » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Should find out today if we have a new opponent for Early season, maybe August 29! Maybe a money game/big opponent?
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby roguewarrior » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:07 pm

roguewarrior wrote:Should find out today if we have a new opponent for Early season, maybe August 29! Maybe a money game/big opponent?

SEC likely going conference only. Would have been a good one! Ugh
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Falconwriter » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:11 pm

roguewarrior wrote:Should find out today if we have a new opponent for Early season, maybe August 29! Maybe a money game/big opponent?

I think all the P5 conferences are going to conference only schedules...so that would leave Notre Dame as the only possible landing spot for a game. They didn't have a full slate of ACC games (and aren't technically a football member anyway) but I did read they were going to be thought of this season as an ACC team. That means other ACC teams would have to schedule them to fill out their schedule. Right now, they only have six ACC games. Not sure that would be enough, since I think most others are playing 9 league matchups.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:11 pm

I think all the P5 conferences are going to conference only schedules...so that would leave Notre Dame as the only possible landing spot for a game. They didn't have a full slate of ACC games (and aren't technically a football member anyway) but I did read they were going to be thought of this season as an ACC team. That means other ACC teams would have to schedule them to fill out their schedule. Right now, they only have six ACC games. Not sure that would be enough, since I think most others are playing 9 league matchups.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:24 pm

Falconwriter wrote:

The proposed ACC schedule has ND playing 10 conference games.

In the end the G5 is going to mirror whatever the P5 does. 10 conference games with potentially one in-state or regional out of conference game seems to make the most sense at this point.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:34 pm

I’d be happy right now if an all MAC 10 game schedule goes on, with a few bye weeks in between, in case we have to quarantine a larger group. Alabama would have been awesome though!
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby jpfalcon09 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:56 pm

roguewarrior wrote:I’d be happy right now if an all MAC 10 game schedule goes on, with a few bye weeks in between, in case we have to quarantine a larger group. Alabama would have been awesome though!

You'll likely see this. Everyone should move up to "Week 0" and start in late August to afford themselves an extra week. You just hope no one gets smacked with a massive outbreak.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Football