Players Report June 15-28!

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Players Report June 15-28!

Postby roguewarrior » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:59 pm

Back in business June 28 for on campus players. Off campus June 21. Coaches June 15. 5 phases to fall camp. Walk ons/ balance of roster end of month. Lots and lots of protocols. Can’t leave once there. Let’s get rolling!!
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Re: Players Report June 15-28!

Postby threestooges » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:34 am

Any updates? Anyone test positive for the virus? Have workouts begun? This board is as dead as I've ever seen it.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:35 am

threestooges wrote:Any updates? Anyone test positive for the virus? Have workouts begun? This board is as dead as I've ever seen it.

This happens every year. There is a lull in activity for a few weeks during the summer when sports aren’t holding games and people are tired of arguing with each other.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:26 am

footballguy51 wrote:
threestooges wrote:Any updates? Anyone test positive for the virus? Have workouts begun? This board is as dead as I've ever seen it.

This happens every year. There is a lull in activity for a few weeks during the summer when sports aren’t holding games and people are tired of arguing with each other.

Yup. I'm still checking every day, but there isn't really anything to share right now.

The next "big news" might be We do/don't have a college football season.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 am

Mine went in yesterday. Gets some kind of medical test today. Will learn soon I suppose how many have it/ have already had it. They staying at Hotel until released for Camp later in July. Will just be training/quarantining as a team. Can’t leave/go home. Many protocols in place. No large groups, limited access to facility, position groups split apart. Meetings mostly virtual. This time of year, no coaching anyway. Usually 7-7’s team run, but not now....
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Beaker » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:31 am

Assuming the season gets played, it's probably going to look pretty ugly, early on. First couple games out, the bugs are always getting worked out, but it'll be greatly amplified this year. It's gotta be tough to get a team at a high level of competence to kick off the year with all of these hurdles they are going to have to deal with. Nobody's fault, just the coronaworld we now live in. Gotta be driving the coaches nuts.
Beaker
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:19 am

Beaker wrote:Assuming the season gets played, it's probably going to look pretty ugly, early on. First couple games out, the bugs are always getting worked out, but it'll be greatly amplified this year. It's gotta be tough to get a team at a high level of competence to kick off the year with all of these hurdles they are going to have to deal with. Nobody's fault, just the coronaworld we now live in. Gotta be driving the coaches nuts.

This could actually play to our advantage against Ohio State. First game of the season is always when the bigger teams have the best chance to fall; if things are going to be an even bigger mess, we might have a chance to pull the upset.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 pm

footballguy51 wrote:
Beaker wrote:Assuming the season gets played, it's probably going to look pretty ugly, early on. First couple games out, the bugs are always getting worked out, but it'll be greatly amplified this year. It's gotta be tough to get a team at a high level of competence to kick off the year with all of these hurdles they are going to have to deal with. Nobody's fault, just the coronaworld we now live in. Gotta be driving the coaches nuts.

This could actually play to our advantage against Ohio State. First game of the season is always when the bigger teams have the best chance to fall; if things are going to be an even bigger mess, we might have a chance to pull the upset.

I agree, but upset may be a stretch. I would rather catch them game 1, where they get the starters out quick. Would not want to catch them late when grinding teams up is at a premium for rankings. 49-14 and everybody Leaves healthy would be a Good outing.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:44 pm

roguewarrior wrote:
footballguy51 wrote:

I agree, but upset may be a stretch. I would rather catch them game 1, where they get the starters out quick. Would not want to catch them late when grinding teams up is at a premium for rankings. 49-14 and everybody Leaves healthy would be a Good outing.

I'm with ya. Keep it respectable in the first half with a couple of scores, and get out injury free, and I'd be extremely proud of the team in year 2 of a staff.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football