SCHOOL is OPENING...

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: SCHOOL is OPENING...

Postby Globetrotter » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:51 pm

roguewarrior wrote:
Flipper wrote:Not sure why the impact or long term issues are "likely to be severe" when ...outside of the at risk populations, namly older people with comorbidities..the impact of the disease has been negligible.

Paranoia is the reason. I can’t wait to learn how many on the team/staff already have the antibody. I would wager 25% min.

Did you see the MLB study they did? I would bet you didn't. https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/05/10/th ... dy-are-in/

10K people tested. .7 percent had it.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby MarkL » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:44 pm

That study began over two months ago and finished over a month ago. Virii move fast. Exponential spread is a major deal.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:34 pm

Always amazed at the people pining to stay locked up. Why do they even have a voice for the rest of us? If you are afraid, stay home! Leave us alone. You will be safe.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Flipper » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:46 am

70% of the positive MLB tests were asymptomatic...70%....that supports the notion that the virus isn't nearly as deadly as early models suggested
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby roguewarrior » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:00 am

Flipper wrote:70% of the positive MLB tests were asymptomatic...70%....that supports the notion that the virus isn't nearly as deadly as early models suggested

Which makes you wonder how many of the “spiking cases” across the country are also symptom free? They kinda leave that out......
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Flipper » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:35 am

What's also left out is the number of tests and when and where they were taken. We have no idea if the bottom line "spike" is actually occurring in an environment where the % of positive tests is shrinking. They don't indicate how many required hospitalization or any follow up at all. The use of the term "case" implies that further action is being taken...but is it?
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:27 am

The death of expertise.

They really can't stop. They know more than the infectious disease experts.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Flipper » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:40 am

We're raising questions that any person with the most basic reasoning skills would ask...but hey...you want to put blind faith in the government approved experts...you go right ahead. It's not like that approach has ever lead us into any trouble <,/sarc>
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Flipper wrote:We're raising questions that any person with the most basic reasoning skills would ask...but hey...you want to put blind faith in the government approved experts...you go right ahead. It's not like that approach has ever lead us into any trouble <,/sarc>

Govt approved experts in countless countries around the world, infectious disease researchers at labs, doctors on the front lines vs a warehouse manager.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Flipper » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Again...I'm asking logical questions re information that is not disseminated..information that would definitely have an impact on the importance of the headline numbers. Your response..."but experts" is actually not a response...it's a mantra
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby threestooges » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:37 pm

I might be speaking for myself here, but I feel like this thread is no longer useful. We all have our opinions, and I doubt anything anyone says on here will change those opinions.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby footballguy51 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:42 pm

threestooges wrote:I might be speaking for myself here, but I feel like this thread is no longer useful. We all have our opinions, and I doubt anything anyone says on here will change those opinions.

The problem is nobody is willing to listen. Anymore, the solution to people having opposing views on something is to either keep shouting your view or resort to attacking the person instead of their view. Either way, the purpose is to beat the other person into submission. It's just too bad people cannot have conversations without resorting to stupidity. If people would listen with the intent of learning, we'd all be better off.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Flipper wrote:70% of the positive MLB tests were asymptomatic...70%....that supports the notion that the virus isn't nearly as deadly as early models suggested

Or...more likely, the virus has mutated to a less deadly strain. Another possibility is that there are several strains (very closely related per DNA) circulating where one is more deadly than the others. This would not be unusual. Early models were just that...guesses based on best evidence at the time. We are a nation of Monday morning quarterbacks when it comes to just about any issue.

Fact: we knew NOTHING about this virus in January. NOTHING. It has taken months of study to get us to this point. To apply judgments with today's knowledge on past actions is disingenuous at best...outright lying at worst. I'm not accusing you of the latter, just making a point that those with an agenda are quick to gloss over the fact that this was an entirely new virus with no history. And the first such virus to go worldwide in more than 100 years. How about we keep the finger-pointing to a minimum.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:56 pm

[quote="Globetrotter"]The death of expertise.

They really can't stop. They know more than the infectious disease experts.

I know nothing about infectious diseases and I am about even in my estimations VS theirs. They are throwing darts and you choose to believe them. Frankly, I don’t k now what you are believing, because it changes daily! I go by what I see... hospitals empty (FYI my wife works in one).
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Flipper » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 am

Falconwriter wrote:

Or...more likely, the virus has mutated to a less deadly strain. Another possibility is that there are several strains (very closely related per DNA) circulating where one is more deadly than the others. This would not be unusual. Early models were just that...guesses based on best evidence at the time. We are a nation of Monday morning quarterbacks when it comes to just about any issue.

Fact: we knew NOTHING about this virus in January. NOTHING. It has taken months of study to get us to this point. To apply judgments with today's knowledge on past actions is disingenuous at best...outright lying at worst. I'm not accusing you of the latter, just making a point that those with an agenda are quick to gloss over the fact that this was an entirely new virus with no history. And the first such virus to go worldwide in more than 100 years. How about we keep the finger-pointing to a minimum.

Not really finger pointing...but I do think there should be a discussion about how the numbers are compiled and reported. I'm not a physician...took a lot of senior level bio and biochem classes...but I'm not a medical professional. I do have 30 years in financial services...pulling apart earnings reports and policy contracts for that long has made me sensitive to how the numbers can be manipulated by people with an agenda (in this case the media. ).

Saw a chart online not long ago about transmission rates of known Covid viruses in the past. They peak in the late winter, go way down in the summer and they bounce back a bit in the fall into the early winter. I would hope that we could learn form the mistakes...however well intentioned...that were made so we can offer more help to those at risk and do less financial and psychological damage to those who aren't
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

PreviousNext

Return to Football