New assistant coach

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

New assistant coach

Postby BCWILSO » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:29 pm

Since coach addazio left to work with his dad at Colorado State, who do you think will be brought in to replace him. Who would you want to bring in if you were in charge. Obviously it should be someone that has experience but is also willing to work at a MAC school. Boston college is cleaning house with Halfley as the new Head Coach. One name that might be familiar to Loeffler is Frank Leonard. He was the tight ends coach at boston college since 2013 and worked with Loeffler when he was there. He would understand the scheme immediately and understand what they are doing immediately. Another name to throw out there is Mike Hartline. This is from the Urban Meyer connections. Hartlines brother is currently at Ohio State as a wide recievers coach. Mike currently is the offensive coordinator at ohio Dominican university. He also coaches the quarterbacks. I think Frank is more likely but if not I would really like to see mike hartline come to BG.
BCWILSO
Egg
Egg

Re: New assistant coach

Postby MarkL » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:43 am

I have not heard yet who will be stepping in but the assistant coach carousel is still spinning strong. I can assume Ohio recruiting experience will be a qualification. One of the big recruits this year was that TE from North Baltimore. Loeffler envisions more recruiting like that.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:58 am

They seem to purposefully structure the staff to include a few young guys; I’m guessing partly as a feeder/mentoring system for the greater good. Will be interesting to see if he is replaced with a wily veteran coach, or another younger newcomer.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby Antimob » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:56 pm

https://bgsufalcons.com/news/2020/1/10/ ... coach.aspx

Greg Nosal named new assistant coach. Coached with Coach Loeffler at Virginia Tech. Don't know if there's any relation to Dr. Martin Van Nostrand.

Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby mbenecke » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:10 pm

I like this hire.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football