Moving to the MAC

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Moving to the MAC

Postby LSUinFindlay » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:36 pm

Hey folks, I wanted to update y'all, thank everyone again for the kind sentiments and welcomes!

So I just recently arrived in Findlay, and I gotta tell ya...
- the restaurants won't let me inside
- the grocery stores are missing some surprising items
- everyone in Ohio is REALLY standoff-ish when I try to say hello and shake hands

What's going on in this place?

Ok seriously though, I am still tying-up some loose ends in Baton Rouge, related to my elderly mother (complicated by the microbes from Wuhan) and her house there. I spent a week in Findlay in mid-March, and I arrived back here in Ohio Tuesday for another week-and-a-half, but I do need to head back to Louisiana in a week or so to oversee a siding repair at the aforementioned house.

I saw the MAC schedules came out, and still looking forward to Football Season. Please, please let it begin on-time, or mostly on-time. I live very, very close to Wilson's, btw. I'm gonna look over this thread again and add some specific replies to certain posts.
LSUinFindlay
Egg
Egg

Postby MarkL » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Not too far from Wilson's is Cooper Tire's HQ. I did an internship there in the IT shop late in my BG days. Great internship, learned a lot, contributed a lot. I have fond memories of Findlay.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby LSUinFindlay » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Hey again folks!! Well, I don't need to tell you how strange the last few months were, but I can update y'all with:
- NW Ohio is a fine place to live, with so many wonderful people, great food, and fun things to do
- Bowling Green's stadium and campus is a fun visit/tour, which I enjoyed over the Summer
- the Kewpee Burger in Lima is as good as it gets!
- I love the ease (and lack of crowd) at Toledo Airport
- the Lake Erie coast, particularly around Marblehead Lighthouse, is quite beautiful

So now let me ask this.. is there a way to get me a single ticket or some other way into these games??
BG at Toledo (Nov. 4)
Kent St. at BG (Nov. 10)
Buffalo at BG (Nov. 17)

I'm sure the answer is NO. Uugh!!! But just trying here. If there is a way, wink-wink, I can post my e-mail address and we can discuss off of this board.

Thanks for any suggestions!!
LSUinFindlay
Egg
Egg

Postby Class of 61 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:37 pm

Don’t think they’ve announced any seating availability ( if any) yet. But the 2 games at BG should be possibles I’d think,. The game at Toledo would obviously be the prime MAC game that 1st nite, probably TV’d.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby zete » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:52 am

I like your outlook! This is a great area to live and thrive.
SAme old Same old
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:53 am

Don't know if it's been mentioned....Toledo sucks...but their museum is first rate. They have a broad collection of classics...some...challenging modern works and a separate building devoted to glass art. NW Ohio was the epicenter for the art glass movement in America so that's worth checking out as well.

Hurry in to see this awesome exhibit...

https://www.toledomuseum.org/art/exhibi ... lies-water

I used to work at the Museum, so I'm a little partial.... :)
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby threestooges » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:24 pm

Flipper wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned....Toledo sucks...but their museum is first rate. They have a broad collection of classics...some...challenging modern works and a separate building devoted to glass art. NW Ohio was the epicenter for the art glass movement in America so that's worth checking out as well.

Hurry in to see this awesome exhibit...

https://www.toledomuseum.org/art/exhibi ... lies-water

I used to work at the Museum, so I'm a little partial.... :)

Why yes, I believe it HAS been mentioned that Toledo sucks :D But the Toledo Museum of Art is indeed a very cool place. For a town with a subpar university, Toledo has some great offerings. And there's a high-quality institution of learning just 20 miles or so down I-75.
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:03 pm

LSUinFindlay wrote:Hey again folks!! Well, I don't need to tell you how strange the last few months were, but I can update y'all with:
- NW Ohio is a fine place to live, with so many wonderful people, great food, and fun things to do
- Bowling Green's stadium and campus is a fun visit/tour, which I enjoyed over the Summer
- the Lake Erie coast, particularly around Marblehead Lighthouse, is quite beautiful

So now let me ask this.. is there a way to get me a single ticket or some other way into these games??
BG at Toledo (Nov. 4)
Kent St. at BG (Nov. 10)
Buffalo at BG (Nov. 17)

I'm sure the answer is NO. Uugh!!! But just trying here. If there is a way, wink-wink, I can post my e-mail address and we can discuss off of this board.

Unless the MAC and Gov. DeWine move to allow fans at college games, there won't be any attendance or tailgating allowed. I'll be curious to see if things change between the B1G kicking off this weekend and the start of MAC play, but I highly doubt it.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:05 pm

jpfalcon09 wrote:
LSUinFindlay wrote:Hey again folks!! Well, I don't need to tell you how strange the last few months were, but I can update y'all with:

BG at Toledo (Nov. 4)
Kent St. at BG (Nov. 10)
Buffalo at BG (Nov. 17)

Unless the MAC and Gov. DeWine move to allow fans at college games outside of family of players/coaches, there won't be any attendance or tailgating allowed. I'll be curious to see if things change between the B1G kicking off this weekend and the start of MAC play, but I highly doubt it.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falco_peregrinusana » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:17 pm

looks like OSU is allowing 1600 people in attendance this season... sounds like a typical Tuesday night maction game...
Falco_peregrinusana
Egg
Egg

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:27 pm

Falco_peregrinusana wrote:looks like OSU is allowing 1600 people in attendance this season... sounds like a typical Tuesday night maction game...

Family of players/coaches along with media, stadium employees, etc. There aren't any public tickets being sold.
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falco_peregrinusana » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 pm

not yet...
Falco_peregrinusana
Egg
Egg

Previous

Return to Football