MAC bowl games

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

MAC bowl games

Postby MarkL » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Bowl announcements will roll in throughout the day. Already we know Buffalo and Charlotte in the Bahamas bowl.

I like Buffalo's chances in that one with how strong they finished.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: MAC bowl games

Postby TommyG » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Well if MarkL likes UB’s chances, I’ll bet on Charlotte.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Miami has Louisiana in Mobile.
WMU vs WKU in Dallas.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:22 pm

EMU has Pitt in Detroit. Seeing as EMU has the only major conference win, I'm glad they made a bowl game.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Kent State vs Utah State in Frisco, and CMU vs SDSU in Albuquerque. Nevada vs Ohio in Boise. I think that's it.

I think WMU, Ohio, and Buffalo have the most favorable matchups. When I say I like the chances or the matchup, that is relative given the conference's dreadful recent bowl success. All around this looks like another bad MAC bowl season. All in this year the conference had one major team win and six or seven non conference FBS wins. As some teams had two such wins, fewer than half of the conference had a non conference FBS win. That is devastating because a lack of such wins shows the conference losing progress against peers.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby fanatic13 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Toledo was the only bowl eligible team to not get a bowl game :-D
fanatic13
Egg
Egg

Postby gspointer » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:12 pm

Don’t like any of those match ups. Could get skunked!
gspointer
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:17 pm

gspointer wrote:Don’t like any of those match ups. Could get skunked!

Very realistic possibility especially given recent history. 2 bowl wins in the last 3 years, both by Ohio. OU has one of the better matchups this year.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby zete » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:59 am

MarkL wrote:Kent State vs Utah State in Frisco, and CMU vs SDSU in Albuquerque. Nevada vs Ohio in Boise. I think that's it.

I think WMU, Ohio, and Buffalo have the most favorable matchups. When I say I like the chances or the matchup, that is relative given the conference's dreadful recent bowl success. All around this looks like another bad MAC bowl season. All in this year the conference had one major team win and six or seven non conference FBS wins. As some teams had two such wins, fewer than half of the conference had a non conference FBS win. That is devastating because a lack of such wins shows the conference losing progress against peers.

Hard to get excited about any of these match-ups...felling sorry for the 3rd, 4th teamers that will stand around for the next three weeks doing very little. They would probably rather be elsewhere......studying?
SAme old Same old
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:33 am

zete wrote:
MarkL wrote:Kent State vs Utah State in Frisco, and CMU vs SDSU in Albuquerque. Nevada vs Ohio in Boise. I think that's it.

Hard to get excited about any of these match-ups...felling sorry for the 3rd, 4th teamers that will stand around for the next three weeks doing very little. They would probably rather be elsewhere......studying?

Really? They get to travel someplace that's generally warmer and certainly more interesting than NWO...they get presents for playing the game....sounds like fun to me
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Beaker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:39 am

fanatic13 wrote:Toledo was the only bowl eligible team to not get a bowl game :-D

Knowing that our win over them cost them a bowl game gives me a warm feeling in my heart. :rock:
Beaker
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 am

fanatic13 wrote:Toledo was the only bowl eligible team to not get a bowl game :-D

Man, this really sucks. I was really looking forward to watching them lose their 4th bowl game in a row. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Buffalo won the first bowl game of the season over Charlotte, 31-9. I liked Buffalo's chances but not that much! And at least the MAC will not lay a goose egg.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Buffalo looked strong today, even better on D, but that Soph RB is a stud. I didn’t realize that Charlotte was only in its 6th-7th yr. in D1.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Upset by Kent State! 51-41 over Utah State. I watched the fourth quarter and was impressed. That was a resilient bunch. That QB put on a show.

The MAC is 2-0 right now in bowls. For both Buffalo and Kent, that was their first bowl wins.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Football