Buffalo

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Buffalo

Postby guest44 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:12 pm

Be proud Chris Kingston crew. You took a team from a MAC Championship to the lowest points in program history with one hire. The same hiring process that got many of the Kingston crew to BG. Losing by 40 to mediocre MAC teams in a down year for the conference. Be proud fellas.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:19 pm

I've never been so happier for a football season to end. It's officially Loefflers program now as this year was primarily Jinks holdovers and a bunch of depth guys outside of Denley, Jones, and Morris. I hope players who don't want to be here leave this winter and spring and the program begins to be build once again with a winning culture and positive attitudes. No where to go but up. It's amazing this team beat Toledo.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:26 pm

This offseason and next year will be just as rough. I anticipate losing plenty of guys who aren’t “all in” to the transfer portal.

We’ll be okay. It’s going to take years to build this thing back.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:09 pm

Class of 61 wrote:FWIW, Toledo is getting CRUSHED by CMU 42-7 late in 3q , w/ Central driving for another. We expected to be bad ( and are). What excuse does UT have?

I said it before.... probably no argument that Toledo is WAY deeper and more talented than we are today......but that’s what happens with NO QB!! As low as we are, we will be so much better next year with a healthy Mcdonald at the helm.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby TommyG » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:05 am

A new QB and a recruiting class will help, but the coaching staff better start to develop the holdovers. I didn’t see much other than a bunch of quitters the 2nd half of the year.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby Flipper » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:07 am

Can you develop a quitter?
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby roguewarrior » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:25 am

TommyG wrote:A new QB and a recruiting class will help, but the coaching staff better start to develop the holdovers. I didn’t see much other than a bunch of quitters the 2nd half of the year.

Bozeman quit, literally, a few days before Buffalo. He wasn’t there . Who quits a few days before their last college game ever?!? Lots of losers graduating/out of eligibility. Injuries took toll late, on this ultra thin team. We have definitely rock bottomed, and are on the rise from the abyss. Can’t wait to see how many commits they sign and keep. So far so good.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby guest44 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:26 am

The program needs gutted even more. Which 4 years later is pretty much the summation of complete incompetence from the top. That Loeffler press conference wasn't as much about frustration about the pathetic effort against Ohio, but probably more about players actions off the field. That will eventually come out, probably by Loeffler himself as he almost went there after that game. The BGSU athletic department knew Jim McElwain was interested, but they weren't after Mike Jinks. The Kingston crew.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:37 am

Looking back, they had to play the seniors/ RS juniors otherwise they would have quit. We couldn’t go “young” .... that’s how pathetic the character is... WAS. I have heard so many stories this season and lately of behaviors one could only call mind boggling. A good chunk of the freshman, and hopefully the 2020’s will pull us up ( and all the good kids throughout). You pull from the top, not push from the bottom. Quitters cannot be developed, get rid of them.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby TommyG » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Sorry I can’t imagine that every Jinks recruit is uncoachable with a bad attitude. Part of coaching is getting players to buy in and improve. Not sure there was much of that happening this year. There are always lost causes, but it’s not a good sign from a coaching standpoint, if none of these guys are contributing.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby footballguy51 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:35 pm

They weren’t all quitters. Loy, Clair, Morris, Perce. They didn’t quit.
ROLL ALONG!!!
footballguy51
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Agree on several prominent kids NOT on the “quit list”. Nico Lautanen posted a Thank you, best 5 yrs of life. David Konowalski got a 6th yr of eligibility (has any other BG player ever got this), and certainly didn’t quit. And I’m sure quite a few players “ bought in” as Loeffler likes to say
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Class of 61 wrote:Agree on several prominent kids NOT on the “quit list”. Nico Lautanen posted a Thank you, best 5 yrs of life. David Konowalski got a 6th yr of eligibility (has any other BG player ever got this), and certainly didn’t quit. And I’m sure quite a few players “ bought in” as Loeffler likes to say

Both were Babers recruits. A five year player was recruited by Babers and spent a year under that staff. Konowalski may have even been recruited by Clawson and stuck with BG.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:19 pm

IIRC...During the early part of Clawson's run we had a SR WR quit right before his final game because he wasn't going to start.

Bryson Denley isn't a quitter by any stretch. That kid is a tough little RB
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Tony4BG » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:30 pm

No idea who were quitters or not but a lot going on. I am sure a few guys quit but definitely not all.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

PreviousNext

Return to Football