Buffalo

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Buffalo

Postby Tony4BG » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Time to move on to last game of the season.

Not sure who all watched their game other night but I thought they looked pretty darn good.

Two RBs with over 100 yds.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Re: Buffalo

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:31 pm

They look good. Hopefully, our grads/5th year guys don’t check out already and make it a bloodbath. If we can stop big gashing runs for TDS, I hope their run game eats clock and we leave in one piece, with a reasonable score. We still have several regulars out. Hopefully, a peaceful end. Ha! Kudos to the staff on getting us to the end with only two QBs, both back ups. Imagine if both had gone down....
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Buffalo had a RB run for 5 freaking TDs against UT. What should we set as over / under?
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:56 pm

MarkL wrote:Buffalo had a RB run for 5 freaking TDs against UT. What should we set as over / under?

If it's close to 5, take the over.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Buffalo will thump us and finally put us out of our misery. I honestly can't wait until the season is finally over. And from everything I have read and keep hearing, as much as we thought this past offseason was the starting over point, its sounds like we're going to be right back there again this offseason and next. This program is in such a mess that this 2019 season is likely going to be a complete wash as it doesn't sound like it's going to have cleansed this program from much of anything. We're looking at several more years of holding out hope as we're miles away from the decent and good programs in this conference.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:13 am

Buffalo is favored by 28.5 points. My normal snarkiness about point spreads aside, I think that's a bit ridiculous.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:15 pm

I think the team...the defense in particular...needs to look at this game as an audition for next year. Play hard and smart and you'll have a future here. Roll over and play dead and you won't. I think Loeffler's patience for anything other than full effort is gone
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby TommyG » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Good start for BG! Down 7-0 before you can get to your seat.
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby BGSU33 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:18 pm

First play of the game and Buffalo takes it 81 yards to the house. Can't even say I'm surprised one bit.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:34 pm

After UB's Patterson takes the first play 81 yards to the house, he then takes another carry 35 yards to the house. Two carries for 116 yards and 2 TD's. I've see enough, off to do something productive. Thank God this is the last game of the season.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:41 pm

I can't even sign off fast enough before Patterson takes yet another run to the house. He has 6 carries for 166 yards and three TD's and there's still 4:19 to go in the first quarter!!! Holy $hit...
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:51 pm

The MAC is definitely on notice now....
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby Siborg » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:47 pm

Not that it matters but are Perce and Roberts playing? I'm watching stats and its hard to believe they have zero tackles.
Siborg
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby MarkL » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:03 pm

The family is all at my parents house with three generations, with grandkids running around having fun. The family room has the staircase going up and a window on the second floor to look down. Below that window is a train track with a model train going around the whole room. At one point we played a game where the kids would throw stuffed animals out the window to the family room below. Among the animals were plush from family universities, including a Michigan Wolverine, a Cincinnati Bearcat, and a Bowling Green Falcon. The supposedly responsible adults threw the animals up through the window and then the kids would rain down plush animals.

At one point during this, the Falcon went flying at high speed, off target and low. It banged into drywall, dropped, and on the way down derailed the model train. Down to the floor crashed a Bowling Green Falcon and a model train as collateral damage.

Never have I seen a better parallel to a football game.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:31 pm

FWIW, Toledo is getting CRUSHED by CMU 42-7 late in 3q , w/ Central driving for another. We expected to be bad ( and are). What excuse does UT have?
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Football