Ohio

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Ohio

Postby Tony4BG » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Spread out yet?

Last home game of the year. Not expecting a crowd.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Re: Ohio

Postby Falconfreak90 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:50 pm

I work til 5 in Medina and then on the road. Should get there right about kickoff...OU is a major disappointment at 4-6. They def have more talent and depth but they may not care, either. GO BG!!
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby Class of 61 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:09 am

I doubt I’ll get any takers but if anyone wants my seats, parking pass et al for the OU game, contact me ASAP. Normally would go, but leave to visit son and grandkids in Colorado the next day.
Would love to be there, and will WatchESPN. Just hope to see a better game than the Miami adventure last week.
GO FALCONS!!!
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby MarkL » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Not much to say going into this game. OU is playing disappointing down the stretch. I can't imagine we'll see the offensive-lineman-does-a-cartwheel trick play here. If the offense shows up, we've got a chance.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:39 pm

OU favored by 21, but I tend to think it will be a bit closer than that. I predict the offense has a better performance than last week (not that hard to top) and stays on the field a little longer, giving the defense a chance to breathe, but still struggles to score.

OU wins 28-10.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:22 pm

BG has zero chance at a win here. Ohio could play its worst game and BG could play its best, and Ohio is still the much better team. While the Bobcats fell short of expectations this year, they were in every single game and most of their losses were by once score. BG was throttled in all of its losses and had no chance at wins in any of them. Ohio is still alive for a bowl and if they come in motivated, they will destroy BG. If they just show up and go through the motions, they'll still win comfortably. The difference in where these two programs stand right now is vast. Ohio has owned BG since 2016 and that won't change tonight. It'll be a few more years at the earliest that we'll see that trend end. There's nothing that BG does better than Ohio on offense, defense or special teams. They have much better talent, depth and competitiveness and it will be reflected on the scoreboard.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:43 pm

I'm sure OU will do wonderfully at the MACC....after all, you guaranteed they would be there, right?
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby MarkL » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:14 pm

drumstix2388 wrote:I predict the offense has a better performance than last week (not that hard to top) and stays on the field a little longer, giving the defense a chance to breathe, but still struggles to score.

That's about my thought. The offensive line has not done well recently and Loy has regressed in the passing game. What is maddening is you can see some pieces of a good offense. Between the two backs we saw against Miami, you have a power guy and a speed guy, with a big running QB. Better O line play and better passing game, you've got an offense with serious potential.
Alas, we have neither right now and are depending upon a strong defensive effort and the inconsistent offense having an "on" game.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:22 pm

I heard Davon Jones might return tonight. We will see. Use him, Denley and Marlow properly, might see different offense again.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Everything hinges on the offense moving the ball. As we saw in Miami, the defense became worn down and frustrated after several three and outs and the game was over before half. Ohio runs a similar tempo that Miami does, so I think a score equal to last week can be expected if the same issues arise.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:42 pm

That's one way to open a game. BG runs the ball in chunks right down the field and converts some key third downs. It ends in a touchdown pass to Quintin Morris on 4th and 6 from the 26 yard line. Pretty ball from Loy.

Falcons up 7-0. Already more points on the first drive than we did the entire game last week.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Having Davon Jones in our backfield is a cheat code. We have really been missing him back there since the CMU game. Having more depth at the RB position is huge in this offense.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Ohio responds immediately with a 50+ yard touchdown pass. The DB on the top side bit on a pump fake to a screen and got beat over the top.

7-all.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Julian Ortega-Jones gets loose over the middle and Loy hits him with a strike down the field for 44 yards.

Jones runs for 20 yards but he's down after the play. After that play, he had 8 rushes for 56 yards. He's been a difference-maker so far. I hope he's alright.

BG has the ball 1st and 10 at the Ohio 11-yard line. Would be nice to see us punch it in here - red zone woes have been absolutely killer this year.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:58 pm

Jones is back in after 1 play and he runs it in from 6 yards out! man, he is the truth. Glad he come over for this year.

Falcons lead 14-7, 6:23 left in the first quarter.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Next

Return to Football