QB Situation

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: QB Situation

Postby roguewarrior » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:27 pm

One thing to note here that should not be lost in this: all 3 BC transfers sat there, for some period of time, at the hands of our coach..... yet they all transferred in, to play for him. Speaks volumes.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby BGSU33 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Tony4BG wrote:Any guess when BG hears about waiver for McDonald?

No idea, but I get the feeling the longer this waiting game goes on, the less likely he is at getting the nod to play this year. It’s very important that he’s granted it too because if he doesn’t, he’ll have to sit the year out and will lose it. If the NCAA grants it to him, he’ll have 3 years of eligibility remaining. If they do not grant him eligibility, he’ll only have 2 years left. Most importantly, the experience he can potentially gain this year would be extremely valuable for his next two years. If he has to sit, it’s essentially like having to redshirt yet again (which he’s already done).
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:53 am

BGSU33 wrote:
Tony4BG wrote:Any guess when BG hears about waiver for McDonald?

No idea, but I get the feeling the longer this waiting game goes on, the less likely he is at getting the nod to play this year. It’s very important that he’s granted it too because if he doesn’t, he’ll have to sit the year out and will lose it. If the NCAA grants it to him, he’ll have 3 years of eligibility remaining. If they do not grant him eligibility, he’ll only have 2 years left. Most importantly, the experience he can potentially gain this year would be extremely valuable for his next two years. If he has to sit, it’s essentially like having to redshirt yet again (which he’s already done).

I think the long wait is simply because there are a million kids in the portal, making waiver requests. You have to wait in line to be heard. He has the "A" team for his representation, so I remain hopeful that he gets the waiver.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby threestooges » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:34 am

roguewarrior wrote:One thing to note here that should not be lost in this: all 3 BC transfers sat there, for some period of time, at the hands of our coach..... yet they all transferred in, to play for him. Speaks volumes.

I think we're going to struggle this season even if Tom Brady transfers in to play QB, but I agree 100% with the above statement. It says a lot that these guys like Loeffler enough to transfer to some podunk school in NW Ohio to play for him. I think the future is bright.

(2019 will not be very bright, and 2020 might see a partial eclipse & other periods of darkness. But, at some point, it's gonna get bright.)
threestooges
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby JohnFloyd4Life » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 am

If Wade is healthy I bet he starts. He has a huge leg up with his knowledge of the system, age, and experience. This is a guy in his 6th year of college who put up decent number for BC in 17'. Way more exp than Loy, with better knowledge of the system and a much better track record, but obviously it will be determined by McDonald's waiver.
JohnFloyd4Life
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:49 pm

Any idea where McDonald and Wade were comparatively on the depth chart at BC? Obviously Wade is much higher on the experience ladder.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby JohnFloyd4Life » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:10 am

MarkL wrote:Any idea where McDonald and Wade were comparatively on the depth chart at BC? Obviously Wade is much higher on the experience ladder.

They would have spent one season together, 2017. Wade was the backup to Anthony Brown and McDonald redshirted that season. In 2018 McDonald was 3rd string and Wade was sitting out due to injury at Delaware.
JohnFloyd4Life
Chick
Chick

Postby drumstix2388 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:11 pm

Not that they are FBS starters, but there are three walk-on freshman QBs on the updated roster. Denman and Sherry put up some pretty damn good numbers at their respective schools, so if put in a do-or-die situation, there are few bodies who could line up under center.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Antimob » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:05 pm

We've got a waver!

Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby mbenecke » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:22 pm

Antimob wrote:We've got a waver!

I'm gonna need more context and more info. Where are you seeing this?
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Antimob » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:07 pm

:smt039 Waver, not waiver.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby MarkL » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Ha! You had me going for a moment there. :D
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Antimob wrote::smt039 Waver, not waiver.

Lol. I read that correctly, I just assumed you were making a pun. Thanks for making me scramble through twitter on a Tuesday night. :lol:
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Football