Head Coach L. interview..by the Detroit News...

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Head Coach L. interview..by the Detroit News...

Postby Falcon Commander » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:29 pm

Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Head Coach L. interview..by the Detroit News...

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 pm

Boy. What a great article!
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby MarkL » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:39 pm

Great article! Here's the quote that really stuck out to me ...

You can’t just come in and say, ‘We’re going to win the MAC.’ Let’s worry about first showing up to the trainer on time. Let’s first worry about sitting up front and doing the right things with the professors on campus, because all those things matter.

I remember Clawson saying something similar when he came in to clean up the undisciplined mess left behind by Brandon. Seems Loeffler is inheriting the same issues and is approaching it the right way. Ten years later, we are right back there. Ten years with some major accomplishments, earned by building the right way, eroded back to where it started.

Here we go again. Let's rebuild and earn some more championships :drinkers:
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:03 am

Awesome article. Not often you get a behind the scenes look about the goings on with a new staff, this was extremely enlightening and I hope will only help increase the program's exposure in the region. I appreciate Loeffler's honesty about the state of the program and the work ahead to be done.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:22 pm

MarkL wrote:Great article! Here's the quote that really stuck out to me ...

You can’t just come in and say, ‘We’re going to win the MAC.’ Let’s worry about first showing up to the trainer on time. Let’s first worry about sitting up front and doing the right things with the professors on campus, because all those things matter.

I remember Clawson saying something similar when he came in to clean up the undisciplined mess left behind by Brandon. Seems Loeffler is inheriting the same issues and is approaching it the right way. Ten years later, we are right back there. Ten years with some major accomplishments, earned by building the right way, eroded back to where it started.

Such is life at a mid major school. I doubt there are too many schools around BG's size that can avoid these types of down cycles completely. In fact, most probably have bad periods as long or longer -- and may not even get those championships as BG has done. Look at OU and Miami as good examples. Few schools have the pedigree Miami does, but they've been in a mostly downward cycle for much longer with only 2 titles in the past 30 years (BG has 4). The key is to keep the number of bad years to a minimum, hover around .500 instead of only 3 wins, and make sure you do win those titles when you get a chance.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconfreak90 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Agreed. "Showing up to the trainer on time". Screams laziness and an "I don't care" attitude. Not good. No wonder our lines got pushed around like they did. I like Coach's term longevity. Look at our program since the early 80's. Up for 4-5 years, down for 4-5. Up for 4-5, down for 4-5. As much as I despise tsun, look at their consistency over the same time span. You won't find many losing seasons. BG needs to be, and should be, a contender almost every year. A consistent winner and successful program. We have great traditions and a historic past.

The new era begins in less than 200 days....GO FALCONS.
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby Antimob » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Falconfreak90 wrote:

Agreed. "Showing up to the trainer on time". Screams laziness and an "I don't care" attitude. Not good. No wonder our lines got pushed around like they did. I like Coach's term longevity. Look at our program since the early 80's. Up for 4-5 years, down for 4-5. Up for 4-5, down for 4-5. As much as I despise tsun, look at their consistency over the same time span. You won't find many losing seasons. BG needs to be, and should be, a contender almost every year. A consistent winner and successful program. We have great traditions and a historic past.

The new era begins in less than 200 days....GO FALCONS.

Absolutely. It is cyclical, but the down periods are more in our control than not. Past athletic directors making better hires and investing more in the program would have gone a long way to smooth out those down periods and not make the fluctuations as drastic.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby Falcon Commander » Tue May 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football