Pelini is leaving...

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Pelini is leaving...

Postby Schadenfreude » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Antimob wrote:In about a month we'll get an article of all the people that applied for the job yet not hear about any of the them (except BVG) until the official announcement is made.

I doubt it. Scot Loeffler will probably just name his guy.

This search won't get the same level of scrutiny. I can't think of any program in the MAC where this decision would get that kind of scrutiny. I'm not even sure a comparable decision would get that level of media scrutiny in Ann Arbor or Columbus.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby hiway44 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:18 pm

We owe this bum no credit. He did his job like you do every day, but paid considerably less. This guy should never been given a look at DC with his baggage and past. The problem with the NCAA is they are willing to overlook the baggage coaches bring. Then leave one program for another with no serious consequences. Players are held to a higher standard and get paid 000.00 while coaches collect millions. Time for all out free agency. Only the strong will stay at the D1 level. Sorry but BGSU needs to step down as with most of the other MAC schools.
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Postby MarkL » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:47 pm

hiway44 wrote:We owe this bum no credit.

And from the first sentence nobody can take anything seriously. You insult a guy who stepped in to the interim role. Real classy there.

hiway44 wrote:Sorry but BGSU needs to step down as with most of the other MAC schools.

Are you just Birdman? Seriously? This is just ridiculous.

Nothing in this post makes any sense. Just a hit against BG and the MAC, along with a personal insult against our former interim coach.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hiway44 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Mark L.
We can agree to disagree.
First look at Ohio State do you really think Fields should had gotten the wavier? Money and power 5 is all they care about.
Second: Coaches come and go for money every year. BGSU is a prime example. Babers???
Third: MAC schools cannot afford sports: Remind you that E. Michigan thought about giving up football. Akron got rid of baseball, then brought it back.
Fourth: Do you think most schools will give a trouble kid from high school a second or third chance? Yes we did with Rodger Lewis, but look what Jinks brought hear from Oregon State??
Fifth: We know our athletic department funds are short that is why we didn't remove Jinks earlier. It's a hard sell for any young student athlete to come to BGSU if they have other offers. Reason is funds.
Last: Our 2019 Recruiting class ranking was 124 out of 128.

We have a long way to go and I believe we will turn it around, but it will take some time. I do believe by keeping Jinks for the 2018 season hurt the team and recruiting.
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Postby MarkL » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:43 pm

None of those are related to your original post. I'm not sure how trashing Pelini and BGSU has to do with Justin Fields transferring or "Rodger" Lewis.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hiway44 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Not trashing either. What I was saying, it was a bad hired from the start. This site was 50/50 on his hire. Just because you thought it was a great hire! Jinks and his staffers put BGSU years in the basement.
I believe we have a great hire now, but he has an up hill battle. Proof is this year recruiting class ranking. 124 /128.
hiway44
Egg
Egg

Postby Flipper » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:07 pm

That's not proof of anything other than you had a team without a head coach during recruiting season.

Why you're wasting time discussing Pelini...or why you direct that much personal vitriol towards a guy you've probably never met other than in passing...is beyond me
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby MarkL » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:47 pm

hiway44 wrote:We owe this bum no credit.

hiway44 wrote:Not trashing either.

hiway44 wrote:Sorry but BGSU needs to step down as with most of the other MAC schools.

hiway44 wrote:Not trashing either.

Nice try.
MarkL has spoken.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Previous

Return to Football