Early signing day

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Early signing day

Postby Falcon Commander » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:32 pm

this from Bill Greene 24/7 Sports...
2021 Class, QB...

There has been a recent dropoff in the state of Ohio in producing Division-I quarterbacks for the next level, but that appears to be changing with the 2021 class and both Brady Lichtenberg and Ian Kipp now hold offers.

Lichtenberg, 6-foot-1, 175-pounds, is coming off an impressive sophomore season at Toledo St. John's Jesuit, and he is a pro style quarterback. Also a good basketball player, Lichtenberg put up big numbers this past season throwing the football.

Several colleges are showing interest in the three-star sophomore, and Lichtenberg recently landed his first Division-I offer.

"I did get my first offer recently, from Bowling Green," Lichtenberg stated. "Coach (Scot) Loeffler was at Boston College last year, and he stopped at my school to see me throw. The week after he got the Bowling Green job, he stopped at my school and gave me the offer."

"I was pretty excited to see he had gotten the Bowling Green job, because he seemed like a great guy, and I was very happy to get an offer from Coach Loeffler," he added. "He said he really liked my film and believes in my talent, so he offered the scholarship. I've been there for games before, and I really like it there."

"The feeling is awesome, and this is something I've been working for a while now," he continued. "It's a relief to know I have that first offer, and I will always remember Bowling Green for being the first school to believe in me. I'm thankful and blessed, and I know Coach Loeffler is highly regarded. He wants me to get to campus as often as possible, so we can keep building our relationship."

Bowling Green isn't the only school that is aware of Lichtenberg, and several other programs have stopped at St. John's to inquire about him. One Big Ten school in particular is standing out to him.

"I've also had coaches from Ohio University, Michigan State and Western Michigan stop at the school to talk to my coach," Lichtenberg explained. "I would think these schools will want to see me in camp next summer."

"Coach (Mike) Tressel was there from Michigan State, and that was great because I've grown up a Michigan State fan," he admitted. "My mom went there, and I've always followed them my whole life. I think they are one of the premier programs in the Big Ten, and I've been to a lot of games there before."

"To receive an offer from Michigan State would mean a lot to me, to be honest," he said. "This would be one of the schools I would consider highly, and they would be one of my top choices for sure."

Lichtenberg is currently ranked as the No. 15 prospect in the state of Ohio for 2021 by 247Sports.

In about 2 weeks I think we're gonna see how hard this Staff has been workin it...and not just OH and surrounding states, but everywhere. :supz:
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falcon Commander » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:30 pm

Commit...

Justin Schiets
#39 Class of 2019 OLB FB
Central Catholic High School
Toledo, OH

https://t.co/CWPg1bewZQ

Dad played on the 1985 Championship Team! :supz:
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Antimob » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:05 pm

Chris Hedden can recruit!
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby Falcon Commander » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:13 pm

Kellen Adler commits

https://t.co/uaZJXyOBhN?amp=1
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:06 pm

We seem to be getting a lot of preferred walk ons this year....or maybe they're just more publicized
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Globetrotter » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:02 pm

Flipper wrote:We seem to be getting a lot of preferred walk ons this year....or maybe they're just more publicized

I had never thought about it before but it makes a lot of sense for a team in transition.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Antimob » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:58 pm

Beefing up the walk-on program can be an untapped resource. We're a public school and Ohio kids can pay in-state tuition.

A bunch of contributing d-linemen recently have been walk-ons. Ryan Burbrink wasn't an in-state kid but fit the profile of somebody who deserved a chance and got overlooked because of stupid, archaic size/physical standards that needlessly scare teams away from playmakers.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby Flipper » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:53 am

Publicity like this...emphasizing the local and Midwest ties and the ties to the still popular Lloyd Carr...can be huge benefit in Michigan.

https://www.detroitnews.com/videos/spor ... 763515002/
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Antimob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Love how he mentioned Meyer and Clawson as the models for building success at BG and not Babers.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby Falcon Commander » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Verbaled today...
Sign tomorrow...?

QB

https://qbhitlist.com/user-profile/?userid=108
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Siborg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Antimob wrote:Love how he mentioned Meyer and Clawson as the models for building success at BG and not Babers.

This might be because he is taking on a rebuild not continuing a successful program. Meyer and Clawson took on rebuilds. I would not take that as a negative to Babers. Maybe, maybe not.
Siborg
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Flipper » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:59 pm

IIRC...he framed the statement in the context of creating a program that could sustain success. The team achieved success after Meyer and Clawson left. After Dino left? Nope
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby pdt1081 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 pm

Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby fredthefalcon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:55 pm

pdt1081 wrote:
Falcon Commander wrote:Verbaled today...
Sign tomorrow...?

QB

https://qbhitlist.com/user-profile/?userid=108

Nope

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/bgsu ... ugg4loAB14

Blade may be wrong on this. He said on his twitter he verbaled. However, he might be a PWO or recruited at another position.
fredthefalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Football