Transfer Watch

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: Transfer Watch

Postby mbenecke » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Going to get worse before it gets better, in terms of attrition.

We'll build it back up, it's just going to take time.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Abbott is from St Ignatius in CLE. He MAY not fit the “ O Line profile “ if his 6’0” listing is correct. But d line would’ve been a possible? As for Dzien etc, played in over half of games.. that’s a bit surprising. But we also don’t know what messages these kids are getting from coaches.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:09 am

We picked up another OL verbal...6-5, 300lb Troy Rainey from Bridgeport, CT on Monday. I think we have about five or six OL in this year's class. Maybe Abbott and Dzinga didn't like the numbers game going fwd?
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby cameron » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Yeah, nobody thought this was going to be turned around in a year anyway.

We beat Toledo this year, and honestly, that's all that mattered to me.
cameron
Egg
Egg

Postby Falconwriter » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:46 pm

It's situations like this where the NCAA should allow schools to adjust the 25 player limit per recruiting class.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby jpfalcon09 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:13 pm

Falconwriter wrote:It's situations like this where the NCAA should allow schools to adjust the 25 player limit per recruiting class.

Amen.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:35 am

Heard Noah Massey and Isaiah Johnson-Mack suspended indefinitely but have not heard them entering name into portal yet.
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Falconfreak90 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:02 pm

cameron wrote:Yeah, nobody thought this was going to be turned around in a year anyway.

We beat Toledo this year, and honestly, that's all that mattered to me.

Gotta say I agree. We'll be better next year but ending that streak was the best....
Michael W.
BGSU-12 TIME MAC CHAMPION
FALCON FOOTBALL ROCKS!
Falconfreak90
Rubber City Falcon
Rubber City Falcon

Postby BGSU33 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:45 am

Tony4BG wrote:Heard Noah Massey and Isaiah Johnson-Mack suspended indefinitely but have not heard them entering name into portal yet.

Of course, why not. SMH....I heard Massey has a lot of upside and I’m still confused that Johnson-Mack couldn’t break into our WR rotation. He was highly rated out of high school and actual logged some starts, played well and was productive at Washington State. Yes, I know they run a much different offense than we do, and that offense by default can sometimes shine a little more light on someone than they’d get at a lot of other schools. But to see that kind of guy come in and not be able to crack the BG WR rotation based on what I have seen from most of the receivers we do put out on the field is a little baffling. Hell, he’s not even an offensive player for us anymore, he’s been moved to defense, and from what I gather sees his playing time on special teams. Be that as it may, if they’re gone too, it’s going to be two more blows to our team. We simply can’t afford any more losses because we can’t get the numbers right in recruiting right now and the more guys we lose essentially sets back the amount of time time it’s going to take to ultimately get it right.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Try not to fall apart...but I can pretty much guarantee that there will be more departures..there always are in the off-season. One reform I would suggest is you apply the 25 counters rule to incoming freshmen and JUCO signees. Replacing washouts and xfers should be treated as follows. Say we lost three kids from the 2016 signing class. We can replace them with transfers from that class or. JUCO from that year
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Falconwriter » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:52 pm

Flipper wrote:Try not to fall apart...but I can pretty much guarantee that there will be more departures..there always are in the off-season. One reform I would suggest is you apply the 25 counters rule to incoming freshmen and JUCO signees. Replacing washouts and xfers should be treated as follows. Say we lost three kids from the 2016 signing class. We can replace them with transfers from that class or. JUCO from that year

Even easier: if you have 10 kids just suddenly leave to transfer, because of a coaching change especially, the number of scholarships you can give for the next two recruiting periods can be increased by that number (total). So if you lose 10 to transfer, and you only take 5 extra in the first recruiting period after that...you can expand your class by another 5 in the next recruiting cycle. It would help coaches refresh the roster much faster.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:35 pm

BGSU33 wrote:
Tony4BG wrote:Heard Noah Massey and Isaiah Johnson-Mack suspended indefinitely but have not heard them entering name into portal yet.

Of course, why not. SMH....I heard Massey has a lot of upside and I’m still confused that Johnson-Mack couldn’t break into our WR rotation. He was highly rated out of high school and actual logged some starts, played well and was productive at Washington State. Yes, I know they run a much different offense than we do, and that offense by default can sometimes shine a little more light on someone than they’d get at a lot of other schools. But to see that kind of guy come in and not be able to crack the BG WR rotation based on what I have seen from most of the receivers we do put out on the field is a little baffling. Hell, he’s not even an offensive player for us anymore, he’s been moved to defense, and from what I gather sees his playing time on special teams. Be that as it may, if they’re gone too, it’s going to be two more blows to our team. We simply can’t afford any more losses because we can’t get the numbers right in recruiting right now and the more guys we lose essentially sets back the amount of time time it’s going to take to ultimately get it right.

Read between the lines. Why would a kid transfer from Washington state to BG, and then not crack the line up? ....cmon man. I will toss out some possibilities, not to offend anyone here: grades, breaking team rules, cant wake up on time, can’t figure out playbook, thug attitude..... as I’ve pointed out, many are in transfer portal because their coach doesn’t want them... it goes both ways as they transfer in.
It’s not my point of view, it’s a fact.
roguewarrior
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby roguewarrior » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:23 pm

drumstix2388 wrote:A few more defections pointed out by Nick P in the Blade today.

Grant Abbott, Freshman OL
Zach Dziengelewski, RS Soph OL (played in five games this season)
Charles Lamar, RS Senior RB/LB (walk-on or former walk-on, I believe? Could have really used him at RB as the season winds down)

Loeffler also mentioned he expects more to leave. I expect next year to be just as rough as this year.

Abbott quit.
roguewarrior
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby BGSU33 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:03 pm

roguewarrior wrote:
BGSU33 wrote:

Read between the lines. Why would a kid transfer from Washington state to BG, and then not crack the line up? ....cmon man. I will toss out some possibilities, not to offend anyone here: grades, breaking team rules, cant wake up on time, can’t figure out playbook, thug attitude..... as I’ve pointed out, many are in transfer portal because their coach doesn’t want them... it goes both ways as they transfer in.

Well, he left Wazzou to be closer to home (Florida). He originally headed to Duquesne, and while Pittsburgh isn’t exactly what I would classify as a closer-to-home move (in relation to schools in the southeast), it is closer to Florida than Pullman is. I could be wrong, but I never heard anything of the sort from the examples you mentioned in relation to him. And from what was reported, the Cougars expected him back before he transferred.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby roguewarrior » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:23 am

BGSU33 wrote:
roguewarrior wrote:
BGSU33 wrote:

Well, he left Wazzou to be closer to home (Florida). He originally headed to Duquesne, and while Pittsburgh isn’t exactly what I would classify as a closer-to-home move (in relation to schools in the southeast), it is closer to Florida than Pullman is. I could be wrong, but I never heard anything of the sort from the examples you mentioned in relation to him. And from what was reported, the Cougars expected him back before he transferred.

So, the coaches don’t want to play talented players that give them depth and a chance to win?? I’ll go with there were problems and many chances given .
roguewarrior
Fledgling
Fledgling

PreviousNext

Return to Football