New Assistants?

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: New Assistants?

Postby jpfalcon09 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:32 am

Tony4BG wrote:
fredthefalcon wrote:That means that BG is now on the hook only for the difference in salary doesn't it?

Seems so. I just hope it applies to any coaching position and not he had to get a head coach position.

Any employment Jinks gets would mitigate part of or all the buyout. Depends what his salary is. He's owed $875K from the university.
Follow me on Twitter @Mr__Jeremy
jpfalcon09
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Tony4BG » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:44 am

Good. Ex-Colorado HC gets his buyout and his new $1.5 million/year DC salary.

:shock:
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Falcon Commander » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Article on our new QB Coach....

https://t.co/SUNWyIA2Tf
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Antimob » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Why has our new OC Terry Malone tweeted only 4 times in the last month, including one about Our Lady of Guadalupe? You'd think if you were hired as the new OC at BG in 2019 you'd be tweeting 10 times a day contacting recruits and spreading the word about the new era of Falcon football.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby Flipper » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Harbaugh has lost two defensive assistants to OSU this week....there's definitely an opening there for DJ Durkin
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Tony4BG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Antimob wrote:Why has our new OC Terry Malone tweeted only 4 times in the last month, including one about Our Lady of Guadalupe? You'd think if you were hired as the new OC at BG in 2019 you'd be tweeting 10 times a day contacting recruits and spreading the word about the new era of Falcon football.

Direct Messages we don't see for recruits?
Tony4BG
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Antimob » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Tony4BG wrote:
Antimob wrote:Why has our new OC Terry Malone tweeted only 4 times in the last month, including one about Our Lady of Guadalupe? You'd think if you were hired as the new OC at BG in 2019 you'd be tweeting 10 times a day contacting recruits and spreading the word about the new era of Falcon football.

Direct Messages we don't see for recruits?

Hopefully, unless someone we're recruiting is a rabid Vatican watcher.

https://twitter.com/coach_tmalone?lang=en
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby Antimob » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Flipper wrote:Harbaugh has lost two defensive assistants to OSU this week....there's definitely an opening there for DJ Durkin

The sports media acted like Saban was harboring bin Laden when reports surfaced of Durkin hanging around the Alabama practices. Harbaugh seems impervious to what others say so that might be the best landing place for him given the history.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby Antimob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:50 pm

As a means of comparison, new Michigan OC Josh Gattis has tweeted 4 times about Michigan football and he was hired on January 10.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby drumstix2388 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:15 pm

Antimob wrote:

As a means of comparison, new Michigan OC Josh Gattis has tweeted 4 times about Michigan football and he was hired on January 10.

This doesn’t mean anything. Tons of coaches rarely tweet and basically only have one because they need to for DMs. Look at Pelini’s, for example. Lots of the offers lately have tagged Coach Malone, so he’s definitely out there and active. And Josh Gattis must know a heck of a lot about offense that impresses head coaches, because that guy is a super paranoid conspiracy theorist. I know tons of guys who know him personally and either played with him or for him. Always surprised when he makes his big moves up.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Antimob » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:09 pm

drumstix2388 wrote:
Antimob wrote:

This doesn’t mean anything. Tons of coaches rarely tweet and basically only have one because they need to for DMs.

Tons of coaches are also average to below average recruiters and fail to connect with the athletes they are charged with recruiting and the methods through which they communicate. The schools that sign Top 3 classes in the MAC are posting relentlessly on Twitter as are many of the top individual recruiters nationally.

I'm glad he's getting offers out and if he's DM'ing that's great, but why keep things secret? Put up a graphic, a picture or something positive about Falcon football every day and spread the word. It takes 60 seconds and you don't know who's paying attention or how that will reinforce the message they are getting about the program.

You said recruits are tagging him in posts. Let's say another big-time recruit that follows that account notices it and is intrigued, goes to his page and sees nothing but Our Lady of Guadalupe posts. We need to be expanding our network, not constricting it by failing to embrace modern technology.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby pdt1081 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36 pm

Antimob wrote:I'm glad he's getting offers out and if he's DM'ing that's great, but why keep things secret? Put up a graphic, a picture or something positive about Falcon football every day and spread the word. It takes 60 seconds and you don't know who's paying attention or how that will reinforce the message they are getting about the program.

If you think you need constant inside information, become an insider.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Antimob » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:47 pm

pdt1081 wrote:If you think you need constant inside information, become an insider.

I don't think "If you're a fan of BG football and want information just join the team as a manager or something" is a palatable message to a Division I FBS fan base.

Heck, all I want is a tweet more than twice a month.
Antimob
Chick
Chick

Postby factman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 pm

I have heard and seen a LOT of things to pizz and moan about on this site, BUT the “# of tweets” from an assistant coach, may be all time dumbest complaint I have ever heard! :rolleyes:
factman
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby kdog27 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:40 am

I agree with the mob for once. It's quick, effective and an inexpensive way to get information out there.
kdog27
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Football