New Assistants?

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Re: New Assistants?

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 am

kdog27 wrote:I agree with the mob for once. It's quick, effective and an inexpensive way to get information out there.

Tweets matter to kids. He needs to do it more. Without question.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Falcon Commander » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:01 am

I'm seeing oogles of Tweets from kids in the Toledo area, the Columbus area, the Cincinnati area, the State of Georgia, the State of Florida who have had Personal contact from the Coaching Staff.

Sounds to me like the Staff is working hard to make as many connections as possible and get the best '19 and '20 grads to BG. I don't care how they get em, just so they do. This staff was hired as the most experienced in the MAC. I'll let them do their jobs as they best they see how. The proof will be on the field in the coming years.

Until then, GO FALCONS!
Show our Spirit,
Make them Fear it,
Fight for Dear Bee Gee.

REBUILD-ING --> BG HOCKEY!!
Falcon Commander
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby IronFalcon77 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:17 pm

This is so incredibly ridiculous. Are you really criticizing coaches about social media usage? Kids care about relationships, which are fostered by face to face, or 1 on 1 contacts. Twitter is a means of communication, DM's mostly. Get a grip on reality. Tweets don't win games. Performance on the field is what matters most, followed by the program being clean, not the number of social media posts.
"All the Ladies call me Space Mountain..." - Joey Batson
IronFalcon77
Egg
Egg

Postby hammb » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:20 pm

IronFalcon77 wrote:This is so incredibly ridiculous. Are you really criticizing coaches about social media usage? Kids care about relationships, which are fostered by face to face, or 1 on 1 contacts. Twitter is a means of communication, DM's mostly. Get a grip on reality. Tweets don't win games. Performance on the field is what matters most, followed by the program being clean, not the number of social media posts.

If you are arguing that today's HS kids form relationships only through face to face and not through Twitter/Instagram/etc then I don't know how to tell you how painfully wrong you are.

Sure, face to face 1 on 1 contact is important, it always will be. But so is proper social media usage, because THAT is where most of today's youth connect and form relationships.

I'm not going to criticize how the use the platform at all until we see how it plays out. If they can bring in quality recruits and build a winner without being active on social media more power to them. But if, 3 years from now, we're still questioning the quality of our talent then I'd say it's pretty fair to criticize social media usage. It's a tool. A free tool that takes very little time commitment. It's probably a tool that should be used.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby Schadenfreude » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:53 pm

IronFalcon77 wrote:This is so incredibly ridiculous. Are you really criticizing coaches about social media usage?

Yes. And yes.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby Globetrotter » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Add in that for every dollar spent on a ticket that is one less dollar that has to come from the general fund or one more dollar that can go into something and every coach should be doing everything within reason to market the program.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby IronFalcon77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:42 pm

You are all right the only way to be successful is to be a young tech savvy coach, oh wait... If its all about tech, why do coaches visit schools? Why do they want kids on campus? Face to face matters more, which is why successful programs have higher recruiting budgets (social media is free). FYI, I guess Clemson is doomed, the OC there only has 62 total tweets, only 1 since last July.
IronFalcon77
Egg
Egg

Postby Globetrotter » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:09 pm

IronFalcon77 wrote:You are all right the only way to be successful is to be a young tech savvy coach, oh wait... If its all about tech, why do coaches visit schools? Why do they want kids on campus? Face to face matters more, which is why successful programs have higher recruiting budgets (social media is free). FYI, I guess Clemson is doomed, the OC there only has 62 total tweets, only 1 since last July.

Those programs literally have people if not teams of people employed to create messaging, imagery/graphics and marketing around the program that are embedded in their recruiting departments for the purpose of putting it on twitter. Not their marketing departments. Their recruiting office.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Flipper » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:38 pm

It's not all about tech...it's about using EVERY tool at your disposal to make an impact. Not fully utilizing social media today means you're needlessly crippling your efforts
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby IronFalcon77 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:12 am

I find it amazing the the Head coaching position and all of the assistant positions were not filled by the you all. You all know everything, football, recruiting, social media usage, everything we need to be successful. I am so sorry you were over looked. BG football will suffer because you were not selected. Guy were hired to do a job, let them do it, the way they know how, you don't coach as long as some of the guys, in the places they have, if you cant do the job.
IronFalcon77
Egg
Egg

Postby kdog27 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 am

We're not qualified for those jobs so we have no business giving criticism or ideas I guess? Got it.
kdog27
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:54 am

You don't have to be a football coach to understand the importance of using social media to communicate with the "youths of today"...you just have to be a sentient being who doesn't have their head up their ass.

Apparently...that's quite a challenge for some.
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby hammb » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Flipper wrote:You don't have to be a football coach to understand the importance of using social media to communicate with the "youths of today"...you just have to be a sentient being who doesn't have their head up their ass.

Apparently...that's quite a challenge for some.

Furthermore the coaching gig(s) at BG are NOT simply coaching. They never have been. They never will be. Is it right? I cannot argue one way or the other, but I know it's true.

At BG part of being the coaching staff is also drawing in fans/students. The HC is basically the head of marketing. Sure, we probably have marketing department, but it cannot do what the HC does. The best HCs in BG are drumming up fan support, most especially at the student level. And when it comes to doing it in 2019 that involves heavy use of Twitter, and other social media platforms.

It is something to question with Loeffler (although I did see him tweet earlier today, that's good). His experience is mostly at places like UM, and other major programs. Those school names market themselves. That's not the case at BG, and it never will be. We need our HC to be visibly working to draw fan support, because nobody else can do the job.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Previous

Return to Football