Mitch Hewitt

Discussion of the Falcon football team.

Mitch Hewitt

Postby Rightupinthere » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:25 am

Head Coach Mitch Hewitt is leading Chardon into the Div III state championship games against Columbus LaSalle this Saturday. The Hilltoppers have been destroying everyone with a very aggressive and fast defense along with their wing-T offense firing on all cylinders. For the season, Chardon has outscored it’s opponents 43-7. Just considering the playoffs, the margins is 44-8.
In the semi-final game against Tiffin Columbiana, Chardon racked up 466 total yards (459 rushing <- not a typo) while holding Tiffin to only 121 total offense and a single touchdown scored with one minute remaining in the half.

Here are some statements from Urban on Mr. Hewitt. https://www.news-herald.com/sports/high-school-sports/urban-meyer-on-chardon-coach-mitch-hewitt-i-knew-hed-be-a-great-one/article_1977a9de-282c-11eb-8fdc-cf69c1b182f5.html

Cheers.
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness

Re: Mitch Hewitt

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:46 am

Welcome back, Rightupinthere. :-)
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller

Postby Rightupinthere » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:56 am

Schadenfreude wrote:Welcome back, Rightupinthere. :-)

Thanks. I see the loons have expanded their foothold on a once-proud, entertaining, and relatively friendly board.

I blame the cursing at the hockey games, personally.
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Rightupinthere wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:Welcome back, Rightupinthere. :-)

Thanks. I see the loons have expanded their foothold on a once-proud, entertaining, and relatively friendly board.

I blame the cursing at the hockey games, personally.

It's the zeitgeist.

Anyway, good to see Mitch Hewitt is doing well.
Schadenfreude

Postby Falconwriter » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Rightupinthere wrote:Head Coach Mitch Hewitt is leading Chardon into the Div III state championship games against Columbus LaSalle this Saturday. The Hilltoppers have been destroying everyone with a very aggressive and fast defense along with their wing-T offense firing on all cylinders. For the season, Chardon has outscored it’s opponents 43-7. Just considering the playoffs, the margins is 44-8.
In the semi-final game against Tiffin Columbiana, Chardon racked up 466 total yards (459 rushing <- not a typo) while holding Tiffin to only 121 total offense and a single touchdown scored with one minute remaining in the half.

Here are some statements from Urban on Mr. Hewitt. https://www.news-herald.com/sports/high-school-sports/urban-meyer-on-chardon-coach-mitch-hewitt-i-knew-hed-be-a-great-one/article_1977a9de-282c-11eb-8fdc-cf69c1b182f5.html

Cheers.

Not to pick too many nits with you but it's Columbus St. Francis DeSales. And it's Tiffin Columbian (no "a" at the end).
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Falconwriter wrote:
Rightupinthere wrote:Head Coach Mitch Hewitt is leading Chardon into the Div III state championship games against Columbus LaSalle this Saturday. The Hilltoppers have been destroying everyone with a very aggressive and fast defense along with their wing-T offense firing on all cylinders. For the season, Chardon has outscored it’s opponents 43-7. Just considering the playoffs, the margins is 44-8.

Cheers.

Not to pick too many nits with you but it's Columbus St. Francis DeSales. And it's Tiffin Columbian (no "a" at the end).

Oh dear. Those are severe infractions. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive.
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby Class of 61 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 am

FWIW, Chardon won state title today 31-28 in double OT! Congrats Mitch Hewitt!
Scored twice in last 6 min. To tie.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Rallied to win d3. 14 unanswered in the 4th with a fg in double OT.

Everyone should remember this name: Quintell Quin. Big and fast running back for Desales. He’s an OU commit and is the real deal.
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere

Postby Class of 61 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:59 pm

I heard this kid is going to OSU as a LB. so we’ll see I guess.
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Oops! Got my kids confused... kid from D5 team is going to OSU as LB, not kid you said was OU bound.
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:48 pm

Class of 61 wrote:Oops! Got my kids confused... kid from D5 team is going to OSU as LB, not kid you said was OU bound.

Would you happen to mean Reid Carrico out of Ironton?
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:50 pm

Yes, P D article mentioned him. Kirtland did a number on him, both last year and this year.
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Football