Kate Upton...what a woman!!

Most things go...some holds barred...say what's on your mind (to an extent).
Forum rules This forum is a "Free-for-all" type forum, but without all the freedom. ;-) Religious or political discussions will not be tolerated, nor will personal attacks. The forum will be policed offending posts will be removed, and offending posters will be warned and/or disciplined.

Kate Upton...what a woman!!

Postby Flipper » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:07 pm

Verlander loses the Cy Young largely because two morons from Tampa leave him off the ballot entirely and she tweets

"I thought I was the only one who got to f**k Justin Verlander"

I don't think she should have attcaked former Tiger Rick Porcello who got the award...but...he's hot and she's pissed, so she gets a pass.

That 2014 Tiger team went into the postseason with a rotation of Verlander, Scherzer, Price and Porcello with Anibal Sanchez in the pen and they still got broomed in three by the O's
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Re: Kate Upton...what a woman!!

Postby Redwingtom » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:09 pm

Two words:

Brad
Ausmus
Redwingtom
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Ripping on Rick was uncalled for, he didn't vote, he just pitched and won. And Kate gets away with it because she's got one of the greatest racks in the business.

But other than that? She's right. Huge joke that Rick wins over JV, and even bigger joke that 2 guys left him off their top 5 ballots entirely.

JV was the best pitcher in the AL last year. I would have listened to arguments about Kluber or Sale. But Porcello? He got ridiculous run support to run up a great win total, but other than that wasn't the same pitcher of any of those guys, IMO.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby fredthefalcon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Flipper wrote:Verlander loses the Cy Young largely because two morons from Tampa leave him off the ballot entirely

Agree about the morons but Flipper if they had put JV simply on their ballot that was no guarantee. To win JV needed both to have him third.
fredthefalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:56 am

True...per Ken Rosenthal a few other voters had him in that 4th /5th which is equally stupid in my view.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby truth » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:54 pm

How was JV against the tribe this season? I recall it wasn't very good.
insane in tha membrane
truth
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Flipper » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:16 am

One good season and the s**t talk starts from...s**t town?. He had five sttarts against the Tribe...the last two were outstanding..14ip...1ER...19K's...5BB...5 hits. Firts start was good..7ip 2 ER 10K's. Middle two were awful.

Biggest question in Detroit is do you start the tear down now or wait a year. Either way...with Fulmer, Norris and Boyd..the rotation looks good going forward
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby hammb » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:30 pm

I would never trade JV or miggy. I don't care what they cost or what players you could get for them in a trade. I'd rather watch a pair of hall of famers play out the string than sell them off in an attempt to become a wild card team.

Now is as good a time as any to move kinsler though. And I'm not sure they can re-sign JD, so I'd entertain offers on him as well.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby Flipper » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:07 pm

I don't want to trade either Verlander or Cabrera...unless the Dodgers will give up Julio Urias as the cornerstone of a Verlander/Kinsler package and the Red Sox will include Yoan Moncada as part of the Cabrera deal. Hell...I might even take the declining troublemaker Yasiel Puig off of the Dodgers hands if it will help get that deal done.

Then you'd have the money to sign JD even if Upton doesn't opt out after this season...
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby hammb » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:30 pm

It's irrational, I know, but I wouldn't make those trades even including the names you mention. I care more about watching Hall of Fame players have the bulk of their career in Detroit than wins. Those guys are great prospects, but the likelihood either ever becomes Verlander/Cabrera caliber is still very slim.

And I fully expect JV to play as a front end rotation starter for the rest of his contract. Cabrera will likely be very much in decline by the time his deal is up, but I'd still rather watch him chase his career milestones (which I fully expect him to hit some MAJOR ones over the next 7 years) than winning some games.

IF they want to compete, find a way to rebuild the farm system and build around those 2. If you cannot rebuild an organization/roster without pawning off hall of famers, then you don't deserve your job anyhow.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Return to Mostly-Free-For-Many