First SBX, now Myles

Most things go...some holds barred...say what's on your mind (to an extent).
Forum rules This forum is a "Free-for-all" type forum, but without all the freedom. ;-) Religious or political discussions will not be tolerated, nor will personal attacks. The forum will be policed offending posts will be removed, and offending posters will be warned and/or disciplined.

Re: First SBX, now Myles

Postby Flipper » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:33 pm

footballguy51 wrote:
Critical Thinker wrote:
gmartin wrote:The city said NO to Chick-fil-a in 2015.

The university also turned them down. There was a plan at one point in time to have one in the student union.

The University turned them down because the students protested the idea. They didn't want a company with their ideals being on campus. They felt it was inappropriate.

This is why I hate SJW's.....
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Redwingtom » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:26 am

Myles released a statement on line today on Facebook. In a nutshell, they're running out of stuff quickly. They are closing tomorrow (Wednesday) to catch up making sauce.

They won't have any bread until at least Friday and you can no longer place a phone or online or shipping order. You have to come in the store. You can also only order 3 pizzas at a time.

Among other things...
Redwingtom
Redwingtom
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Rightupinthere » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:05 am

Flipper wrote:
footballguy51 wrote:
Critical Thinker wrote:
gmartin wrote:The city said NO to Chick-fil-a in 2015.

The university also turned them down. There was a plan at one point in time to have one in the student union.

The University turned them down because the students protested the idea. They didn't want a company with their ideals being on campus. They felt it was inappropriate.

This is why I hate SJW's.....

This is offensive. Remove this or I shall release the wrath of our online community of angry snowflakes! You thought flying monkeys were bad, boy; you aint seen nuttin' yet!
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness
Mercenary of Churlishness

Postby Flipper » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:50 pm

One of my nephew's and his girlfirend have SJW tendencies....I asked them why they need a safe space if they're warriors...they didn't really have an answer.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby pdt1081 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 pm

Trotters announced on Twitter that they have bought the building Myle's is vacating. They plan to announce their plans on October 5th, when they officially take possession.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrottersBG/s ... 5894661120
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby gmartin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:17 pm

Went past Myle's today at 1:00. About 500-600 people waiting outside. They were lined up from the door, down the side of the building, past Kinko's to Clough St, then across the tracks and up through the DQ parking lot. No way would I wait 6 hours for a pizza!!
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby rood » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:11 pm

gmartin wrote: No way would I wait 6 hours for a pizza!!

Wasn't that a typical Friday night at Myles' anyway?
I love people who can laugh at themselves. It saves me the effort.
rood
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:18 pm

Hearing that people had lined up at 2 AM for pizzas today gave me a strong case of the "fuck-its". If they actually gave a crap about their loyal customer base...they would have given us more than a few days notice
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby hammb » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Flipper wrote:Hearing that people had lined up at 2 AM for pizzas today gave me a strong case of the "fuck-its". If they actually gave a crap about their loyal customer base...they would have given us more than a few days notice

The very first people in line were there at 2am but wouldn't really say they were lined up. I got out there at 8 both Thursday and Friday. I was 18th yesterday and 35th today.

It was possible to get pizzas of you were willing to wait, but they did turn away people every day.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby pdt1081 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:21 pm

Flipper wrote:Hearing that people had lined up at 2 AM for pizzas today gave me a strong case of the "fuck-its". If they actually gave a crap about their loyal customer base...they would have given us more than a few days notice

The video 1-2 months ago of Chip saying "we are still open and are still making pizzas" wasn't warning enough? The first post on this thread says the building was for sale. That should have been warning enough to the "loyal" customers.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Right because I hang on every fu**ing word that comes out of Chip's mouth...like many Americans...I pay very close attention to everything related to local businesYs in BG.

I think the fact that people are lining up and camping out should tell you that I'm not the o nly person who could have used a little more notice.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby gmartin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:04 pm

Don't blame Chip. Blame Trotters. Trotters gave Chip 10 days to cease operations. The deal to buy the building was finalized on Sept 22. If you want to belly ache about anyone it's towards Trotters and not Myle's.
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby pdt1081 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:39 pm

gmartin wrote:Don't blame Chip. Blame Trotters. Trotters gave Chip 10 days to cease operations. The deal to buy the building was finalized on Sept 22. If you want to belly ache about anyone it's towards Trotters and not Myle's.

Or better yet, make sure you continue to patronize your favorite establishments every chance you get. Chip could've very easily quietly closed the doors and walked away.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby pdt1081 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:34 pm

http://donroseauctions.hibid.com/catalo ... les-pizza/

One last chance for a pizza. Proceeds benefit the St Vincent's Food Pantry.
Phi or Die
pdt1081
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby rood » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Current bid $580.

Not by me.
I love people who can laugh at themselves. It saves me the effort.
rood
Peregrine
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Mostly-Free-For-Many