Flat Colleges

Most things go...some holds barred...say what's on your mind (to an extent).
Forum rules This forum is a "Free-for-all" type forum, but without all the freedom. ;-) Religious or political discussions will not be tolerated, nor will personal attacks. The forum will be policed offending posts will be removed, and offending posters will be warned and/or disciplined.

Flat Colleges

Postby Lord_Byron » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:50 am

We've started touring colleges for the Princess, and just got back from a trip to Cali. Started at Berkeley and worked our way down, finishing at USC.

If you ever get a chance, go take a walk around Pepperdine. The view of the ocean and Malibu are stupendous.

UC Santa Barbara has its own beach.

UCLA's sports hall-of-fame is pretty impressive. They've got a trophy room with their team NCAA Championship trophies. Over 100 of them.

But, what I found most interesting was the USC campus tour. As we were walking around, I was feeling very comfortable and at home, but not really realizing why. Then we came upon a mound about 6 or 8 feet high-- the tour guide said it was the highest point on campus.
BG '79

Twitter: @Vapid_Inanities
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: Flat Colleges

Postby Flipper » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Pepperdine? If I went there I never would have graduated....that campus would be too pretty to leave.
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Critical Thinker » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:38 pm

I had a prof this year that had previously been at USC. He said it really lived up to its moniker as the University of Spoiled Children.
Critical Thinker
Fledgling
Fledgling

Postby Lord_Byron » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 am

Critical Thinker wrote:I had a prof this year that had previously been at USC. He said it really lived up to its moniker as the University of Spoiled Children.

Exactly why my daughter will fit in.
BG '79

Twitter: @Vapid_Inanities
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Return to Mostly-Free-For-Many