Anthony Stacey

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

Anthony Stacey

Postby Tswam » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:04 am

Jordan Strack reporting that Coach Stacey is leaving to become head coach at Toledo Whitmer.
Tswam
Chick
Chick

Re: Anthony Stacey

Postby guest44 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:10 am

I don't know what Whitmer High School pays, but Stacey was at 101K at BGSU.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 am

guest44 wrote:I don't know what Whitmer High School pays, but Stacey was at 101K at BGSU.

It probably varies by high school, but I know the basketball coach at my high school was given some title like Dean of Students where he was sort of a ceremonial vice principal. But everyone knew he was really just the basketball coach, and he probably made about 85k a year. We were a small school that had terrible athletics, so I imagine if they do something similar at Whitmer, he'd be higher than what he makes at BG.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Isn't he the top assistant now? This is strange.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby guest44 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:46 pm

Was the top paid assistant coach last season.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:54 pm

guest44 wrote:Was the top paid assistant coach last season.

Wow. I assumed that was Summey.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Falconwriter » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:27 pm

I would be very surprised if this is about money.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby guest44 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:33 pm

https://www.bgsu.edu/content/dam/BGSU/p ... 7-2019.pdf

These are the BOT minutes which shows the raises all of the basketball coaches received in 2019.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Sad to see Anthony Stacey go. To say this now needs to be a good hire by Huger is an understatement. We've now lost our top two assistants and this could very well be a make-or-break hire. This upcoming season - if there even is one - could be one that either thrusts us to uncharted waters (winning the MAC Championship) and springboard us ahead in years to come, or it could send us in a downward spiral, again (falling to win the elusive MAC Championship). I truly believe this season is going to carry a ton of weight, and if we can't win this MAC Championship now - with what we have coming back again - then we may never in many of our lifetimes because it's already been a 40-year drought without a single tournament title. It sure would be nice to see us hire a good coach with a proven post player grad transfer follow him to BG.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:55 am

BGSU33 wrote:Sad to see Anthony Stacey go. To say this now needs to be a good hire by Huger is an understatement. We've now lost our top two assistants and this could very well be a make-or-break hire. This upcoming season - if there even is one - could be one that either thrusts us to uncharted waters (winning the MAC Championship) and springboard us ahead in years to come, or it could send us in a downward spiral, again (falling to win the elusive MAC Championship). I truly believe this season is going to carry a ton of weight, and if we can't win this MAC Championship now - with what we have coming back again - then we may never in many of our lifetimes because it's already been a 40-year drought without a single tournament title. It sure would be nice to see us hire a good coach with a proven post player grad transfer follow him to BG.

I assumed it was Louis Rowe when Summey left. I will assume again it's him.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Tswam » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:21 am

In addition to being the head basketball coach, Stacey will be the Communications Coordinator for Washington Local Schools.
Tswam
Chick
Chick

Postby BleedOrange » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:19 pm

It's hard to sensibly speculate as to why Stacey is making this move, so I will not. Good luck Anthony. You're a BG basketball legand.
BleedOrange
Falcon Hoops Lifer
Falcon Hoops Lifer

Postby BleedOrange » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:21 pm

Globetrotter wrote:
BGSU33 wrote:Sad to see Anthony Stacey go. To say this now needs to be a good hire by Huger is an understatement. We've now lost our top two assistants and this could very well be a make-or-break hire. This upcoming season - if there even is one - could be one that either thrusts us to uncharted waters (winning the MAC Championship) and springboard us ahead in years to come, or it could send us in a downward spiral, again (falling to win the elusive MAC Championship). I truly believe this season is going to carry a ton of weight, and if we can't win this MAC Championship now - with what we have coming back again - then we may never in many of our lifetimes because it's already been a 40-year drought without a single tournament title. It sure would be nice to see us hire a good coach with a proven post player grad transfer follow him to BG.

I do think the talent pool for good D1 assistant coaches is HUGE. Lay off the draino. ;)
BleedOrange
Falcon Hoops Lifer
Falcon Hoops Lifer

Postby zete » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:12 am

A great opportunity for A Stacey, I would think one of the better HS gigs in Ohio........and no more long long bus trips throughout the region during the winter months.
SAme old Same old
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 am

BleedOrange wrote:
Globetrotter wrote:

I do think the talent pool for good D1 assistant coaches is HUGE. Lay off the draino. ;)

Huger only has hired known entities and I don't know what the rest means.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Next

Return to Men's Hoops