Kent Wins MAC Tourney Again

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

Kent Wins MAC Tourney Again

Postby fredthefalcon » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:00 pm

I think I saw in the Blade that they played the MAC tourney on the simulated site WhatifSports.com and Kent won beating an upset minded Miami team. Toledo edged BG in the Quarterfinals. So not to be outdone and since I have used WhatifSports previously, i duplicated the tourney. BG turned the tables on Toledo in this one winning in OT 73-71. It was typical BG up 10 with 6 to go and still up 4 at the one minute mark. Jackson hit a 3 but Sierra added 1 of 2 FTs at the nine second mark for a 62-60 lead. Jackson then scored at the buzzer to send the game to OT. The OT was back and forth with the game never separated by more than one possession. Mattos had a put back to re-tie the game at 68 late and added the go ahead basket on the next possession. Alderson hit a 3 pointer at 1:07 to give the Rockets the lead but Fields' three pointer a half of minute later proved to be the winner 73-71. N. Illinois and Miami did one OT better as German led Northern to a 111-102 double OT victory with 38 points. Kent easily beat Ball State 87-63 and Akron did the same to OU 77-60. So BG played a hot Kent team in the semi-finals and battled from behind the majority of this one closing to 2 back at 9 minutes left, From then it was all Kent as they glided to a 80-71 victory. Frye led the Falcons with 18. The other Semi was a victory for Akron in a hard fought game against N. Ill. as the Zips won 81-75. In the final Kent was too much for Akron behind Anthony Roberts' 21 points for a 94-83 MAC crown and a berth in the WhatIf March Madness. Don't expect me to complete that challenge but I am sure someone, somewhere will.
fredthefalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Kent Wins MAC Tourney Again

Postby Beaker » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:39 pm

The summary of these simulated games sounds more exciting than the actual games probably would have been, so we might as well go ahead and award the trophy and make it official \:D/
Beaker
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to Men's Hoops