@ Kent State (3/3)

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

Re: @ Kent State (3/3)

Postby Matty B » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:37 pm

Frye has become somewhat of a liability. Scared to look at his +/- after this one.
LONG LIVE THE MONGOOSE!!
Matty B
Chick
Chick

Postby guest44 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:38 pm

The bad starts have been pretty consistent since Frye left. The exception was Akron and that was more them missing than anything. Look at the BG starting lineup these days. It's asking to play from behind.
guest44
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:39 pm

Not that anyone really cares, but Ohio leads Akron by 13 at the JAR tonight at halftime.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:40 pm

Globetrotter wrote:This feels alot like when I gave up watching football. I am coming to the realization that we won't pay a coach well enough to ever be good.

Not since Mr. Frack passed away. When he was still alive they made a huge show of him stepping up to land Jans.

Then after that incident we went out and hired an alum to the same salary who had zero other teams trying to hire him. And he's not awful, but he's not great either. Good enough to make us competitive in the MAC but consistently have enough issues that a MAC title feels unlikely yet again.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby gspointer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:43 pm

We just do not play any interior defense. Been that way all year. This team is toast . We are just not that good inside
gspointer
Chick
Chick

Postby hammb » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:43 pm

guest44 wrote:The bad starts have been pretty consistent since Frye left. The exception was Akron and that was more them missing than anything. Look at the BG starting lineup these days. It's asking to play from behind.

Starting lineup has been an issue all year. It is very difficult to make up for the fact that 2/5 of the guys are almost no chance to score. Zeigler looks to have some raw talent but certainly not a great offensive threat.

Our center position looked like a massive liability at the beginning of the year. It's been really bad the last couple weeks. Mattos is barely playing MAC level and when Sierra is in he's probably the worst 5 getting mins in the conference.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:45 pm

Its not about losing. It's about how we lose.

LAZY defense.

Bad offensive schemes.

Only focused on the threes.

We don't have a player that anyone else is scared of. Every time we play Buffalo, Akron and Kent they have aggressive mean players that force their will on people. We don't have that. We have quiet nice guys that are easy to root for but when the going gets tough they melt.

How can we not find angry people? We have not had an intimidating player since maybe Anthony Stacey?

Even Richaun Holmes and McCleod for all of their ability were pretty timid. What is it about this team/school that just creates a climate of being easily intimidated.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby mbenecke » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:45 pm

I'm giving up, down 13 with about 5 minutes left.

Annoying, but unsurprising.

We'll (hopefully) play for a MAC regular season title on Friday, and I'll be in the building. I hope many of you will be, as well.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BPardonMyTake » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:47 pm

Fairly confident there are guys on this forum, including myself, that could score at the rim against this team.
Class of '15. Former Townie---Come from a long line of Falcons.
BPardonMyTake
Egg
Egg

Postby bgdodgeball4 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:47 pm

It all really just boils down to the MAC tournament which is totally up for grabs but man, they look awful tonight. The defensive end has just been a nightmare.
bgdodgeball4
Chick
Chick

Postby gspointer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:51 pm

Lost interest. Too many other things to do on a Friday night. Sorry it is what it is Count me out. I could care less. You don’t buy a product that works 2 out of every 3 times.
gspointer
Chick
Chick

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:53 pm

14 turnovers
4 of 20 from 3
Terrible Defense
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby hammb » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:54 pm

Globetrotter wrote:Its not about losing. It's about how we lose.

LAZY defense.

Bad offensive schemes.

Only focused on the threes.

We don't have a player that anyone else is scared of. Every time we play Buffalo, Akron and Kent they have aggressive mean players that force their will on people. We don't have that. We have quiet nice guys that are easy to root for but when the going gets tough they melt.

How can we not find angry people? We have not had an intimidating player since maybe Anthony Stacey?

Even Richaun Holmes and McCleod for all of their ability were pretty timid. What is it about this team/school that just creates a climate of being easily intimidated.

Our offensive scheme is garbage, but if you don't think teams are afraid of Turner I don't know what to tell ya. Simply watching the way teams throw multiple bodies at him consistently shows you exactly how much they are afraid of him.

The problem is the rest of our team just disappears. We don't ever seem to run plays to creat open shots, nor do we have anybody who is truly a playmaker to create for teammates.

Defensively it's a struggle. I don't think we have a center that should be playing minutes in the MAC and if teams are willing to go inside on us they can really tear us up. And any time we bring in reserves it's dumpster fire defense.

In reality Turner and Plowden are the only 2 guys on the roster who are a net positive on both ends of the floor. The rest of the lineup Huger has to decide on a worthless offensive player or a gaping hole on defense.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:56 pm

You know who looks good every time he plays. Chandler Turner.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Diemilkweed » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:57 pm

SO PLowden has had a hard time hitting the ocean from the beach lately. Are teams treating him like a real threat and defending him differently, or is something off? BEcause if he was hitting half-ish of his shots, this would be a VERY different game.
Diemilkweed
Egg
Egg

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops