@ Kent State (3/3)

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

@ Kent State (3/3)

Postby mbenecke » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Our Falcons (21-8, 12-4) head back out on the road on Tuesday, March 3 to take on the Kent State Golden Flashes (18-11, 8-8) in a pretty big contest. The game tips at 7:00pm, and while I'm not seeing any streaming information on either school's site, I'm pretty sure Kent always has an in-house stream that they run, so I'm sure the game will be available through that outlet.

This is an important game for us. We still control our own destiny for the #1 seed in the MAC tournament, but we need to win out to continue controlling that destiny, barring an Akron loss to Ohio on Tuesday night.

Kent beat us handily the first time around, though I feel like plenty of that can be attributed to us just not hitting shots or defending hard, combined with the recent return of Justin Turner having an impact on us. I have a feeling we're going to come into this ready to compete hard and prove people wrong after the disappointing result from Saturday. When we're on, we can beat anybody - and we need to be on for this one. It's going to be a battle on the road, but we have to win this game to keep our hopes and dreams alive.

It's take to take what's ours. Beat Kent State. Go Falcons!
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: @ Kent State (3/3)

Postby zete » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:57 am

Kent will out tough us.
SAme old Same old
zete
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:05 am

zete wrote:Kent will out tough us.

We sure about that? Their season has taken a bit of a dive coming down the stretch. They've lost 3 of 4 and 5 of 7...

We'll need to be ready for a fight. I know that much.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Uncle Tommy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:14 am

Kent favored by 5. That says a lot.
Uncle Tommy
Egg
Egg

Postby mbenecke » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:47 am

Uncle Tommy wrote:Kent favored by 5. That says a lot.

They're at home and they beat us by 18 last time we played. I don't think it's shocking that they're favored tonight.

Akron came into our building as the favorite a week ago and got dumped by 18... just saying.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Falconwriter » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:23 pm

mbenecke wrote:

They're at home and they beat us by 18 last time we played. I don't think it's shocking that they're favored tonight.

Akron came into our building as the favorite a week ago and got dumped by 18... just saying.

I admire your optimism, but I don't share it. Perhaps as a BG fan I've got a bit of sports PTSD going on. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they to into Kent and get a win tonight.
The poster formerly known as BGwriter
Falconwriter
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Falconwriter wrote:
mbenecke wrote:

I admire your optimism, but I don't share it. Perhaps as a BG fan I've got a bit of sports PTSD going on. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they to into Kent and get a win tonight.

Tip of the cap to you, FW.

I don't expect a win, but I do have hopes for one. And I think it's possible we do it. I wish I knew how to predict which version of this team was going to show up on a night to night basis.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:47 pm

Falconwriter wrote:
mbenecke wrote:

We are rarely in the class of Kent, Buffalo and Akron. It's just different basketball played there. They have deeper benches and better schemes. I would be shocked if we don't have a 3 game losing streak to end this year.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby BleedOrange » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:30 pm

Antonio Williams is making shots out his ass and their post players are making 3s. Wont last

Z and Fields giving us great D and all around energy.
BleedOrange
Falcon Hoops Lifer
Falcon Hoops Lifer

Postby hammb » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:50 pm

Topical crap first half, every with a nice 8-2 start. Then we couldn't throw it in the ocean from the beach and KSU got whatever they wanted.

If we play defense and find some semblance of an offense maybe we come back, but pretty poor first half. I know the box says we had 4 assists but felt like none. A lotta chucking, a lotta iso shots... We did a nice job on the glass and KSU sent us to the line a lot, otherwise would be ugly.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby BGSU33 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:53 pm

BleedOrange wrote:Antonio Williams is making shots out his ass and their post players are making 3s. Wont last

Z and Fields giving us great D and all around energy.

Won't last??? Both Williams and Pippen have 16 each at halftime. They are the only two starters to even score but have torched BG all half and BG is shooting a pathetic 27.8% at the break! That is atrocious. Our lack of offense and inability to shoot and score has been on full display lately and has been horrible the last couple games including today. BG is down 9 at the break.
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:21 pm

Not sure how that violent elbow to Diggs' head wasn't anything more than a common foul.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:22 pm

This feels alot like when I gave up watching football. I am coming to the realization that we won't pay a coach well enough to ever be good.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Globetrotter » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:32 pm

This is awful.

They are playing terrible defense, not diving for balls, taking terrible shots. Down 15.

This is not a good team.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Diemilkweed » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:32 pm

Do we like, ALLOW teams to have success against us in the first half in order to lull them into a lase sense of complacency or something?

OR are we just REALLY fu**ing bad at starting games?
Diemilkweed
Egg
Egg

Next

Return to Men's Hoops