Dylan Frye is back

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

Dylan Frye is back

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:03 pm

He's rejoined the team according to their twitter and Nick P from The Blade.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Dylan Frye is back

Postby mbenecke » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:04 pm

My brain is exploding right now.

Whatever was wrong before, I hope it’s water under the bridge. He’s back for the championship push. If Huger and the team accepted him back, I will too.

Lets win it all.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:07 pm

mbenecke wrote:My brain is exploding right now.

Whatever was wrong before, I hope it’s water under the bridge. He’s back for the championship push. If Huger and the team accepted him back, I will too.

Lets win it all.

Agreed. I hope all is well with Dylan's personal life, and I hope he accepts whatever role he's given now that he's back. I also hope that the team has grown in learning to play without him and that this will benefit everyone in the long run.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Dylan’s statement on Twitter:

“This has been a challenging time for me. My time away has taught me how much I need my brothers, my coaches, and my team, and I am excited to rejoin them and finish what we started together. Thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout this process. Go Falcons!”
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby FalconTurf » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:59 pm

Good for him. I hope this is a sign that all is well or at least getting there because that is what really matters. Nothing like having a team as your support. I’m sure they will be there for him now more than ever.
I proudly chose to be a Falcon and a Falcon I will remain until the end.
FalconTurf
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Globetrotter » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:50 pm

This is awesome.
Globetrotter
Turbo
Turbo

Postby Matty B » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:20 pm

Glad to have him back, think he deserves a hell of an ovation at his senior night and will definitely help us win games in March.

That said, I hope he comes off the bench and Ziegler is still the starter the rest of the way. Not opposed to Dylan finishing games. We'll want the ball in his hands late. But I really like what Davin brings to both sides of the floor throughout the game.
LONG LIVE THE MONGOOSE!!
Matty B
Chick
Chick

Postby mbenecke » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:28 pm

I'm fired up that Dylan will get the chance to be honored for breaking the all-time 3-point record. He hasn't been around for a home game since that night in Buffalo back in January. I hope the crowd receives him well, if and when he is honored for that achievement.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BleedOrange » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:34 pm

Wooooo! Welcome back Dylan!
BleedOrange
Falcon Hoops Lifer
Falcon Hoops Lifer

Postby kdog27 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Yay
kdog27
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BGSU33 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:19 am

Glad he seems to have sorted out whatever that was and that he’s back. Now let’s win this damn thing!
GO BG!!!
BGSU33
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby TommyG » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:09 am

Interesting to see how this effects the team chemistry....
TommyG
Chick
Chick

Postby JohnFloyd4Life » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:07 am

Yeah, this is strange stuff. Like some of you are saying it will be interesting to see how they use him. I'm sure they will ease him back into things, as far as we know he's been out of practice for two weeks. I would assume he has agreed to buy into whatever the coaching staff wants out of him. Hopefully, it all works out.
JohnFloyd4Life
Chick
Chick

Postby mbenecke » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:18 am

While I understand that some of you feel he should be eased back in or that it could mess with the chemistry to throw him back in, I won't rule out the idea that he's going to start on Saturday. He's been around for almost 4 full seasons now and been the starting point guard for multiple years. I think if anyone could make the jump from the street to starting, it's him. He knows the system, he's played well in big minutes, and he's loved by the guys on the team. Whether or not that's the best idea is certainly something that can be debated. But I definitely acknowledge that it's a very real possibility that he's announced with the starters on Saturday.

Another consideration is starting vs. getting more minutes, in relation to Zeigler. Just because someone starts or comes off the bench doesn't mean they will get more/less minutes or get to close the game. It'll be intriguing to note how Huger tinkers with the lineup and how things progress as the next few weeks get rolling towards Cleveland.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby JohnFloyd4Life » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:34 am

mbenecke wrote:While I understand that some of you feel he should be eased back in or that it could mess with the chemistry to throw him back in, I won't rule out the idea that he's going to start on Saturday. He's been around for almost 4 full seasons now and been the starting point guard for multiple years. I think if anyone could make the jump from the street to starting, it's him. He knows the system, he's played well in big minutes, and he's loved by the guys on the team. Whether or not that's the best idea is certainly something that can be debated. But I definitely acknowledge that it's a very real possibility that he's announced with the starters on Saturday.

Another consideration is starting vs. getting more minutes, in relation to Zeigler. Just because someone starts or comes off the bench doesn't mean they will get more/less minutes or get to close the game. It'll be intriguing to note how Huger tinkers with the lineup and how things progress as the next few weeks get rolling towards Cleveland.

You could be right, from a coaching perspective this is a nightmare. You've got a guy like Zeigler who presumptively has done all the right things, been rewarded for it and the team has been successful during this time. Now you have Frye, who regardless of the reasons for it left the team the last two weeks. I'm sure the team wants him back, and I'm sure Frye and the coaching staff have worked out and understanding and terms for his return. Hopefully it all works out.
JohnFloyd4Life
Chick
Chick

Next

Return to Men's Hoops