@ WMU (1/14)

BGSU Men's Basketball!!

Re: @ WMU (1/14)

Postby mbenecke » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:48 pm

Weird sequence. WMU holds for a 3 and takes it but misses. It bounced up over the backboard (which I thought should have been out of bounds?) and then was deflected out. They said WMU ball, but it sure looks like it hit a WMU player before it trickled out.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:49 pm

0.7 seconds left, BG leads 85-82. WMU to inbound.

FALCONS WIN!

The shot is off and BG takes this one, 85-82. Not a pretty win, but I'll take a road win any day of the week.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:30 am

MAC road wins are always tough, so I'll take them any way we can get them.

That being said the defensive effort/execution still continues to be just awful for long stretches of every game. Our talent level has bailed us out so many times (and last night WMU's defensive effort was just as bad as ours). It's good to be tested. It's even better to pull out wins while being tested. I just hope this group is learning some lessons on defensive rotations and effort, because right now I'm not seeing it at all. Last night I think we had a stretch where we fouled them for like 4 or 5 straight and one opportunities. Most of those were due to being late on help or hopelessly flailing at shots after getting beaten. You can't keep giving teams extra points like that if you want to win the tourney.

Glad to pull out the win, now back home on Saturday.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops