2021 recruits

Recruiting rumors, news, stats of recruits... anything about our future Falcons until they don the Burnt Orange & Seal Brown

2021 recruits

Postby BCWILSO » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:30 am

2021 Jacory jordan has just become the first verbal for his class

QB with offers from florida international and University of south florida

Great way to start the 2021 class, I imagine several offensive lineman will follow this commitment as that is still a big need for the team.
BCWILSO
Egg
Egg

Re: 2021 recruits

Postby mbenecke » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:47 pm

OT Alex Padgett from Avon Lake, OH has committed.

6’6, 310 pound OT with offers from Toledo, Eastern Michigan, Akron, Buffalo, and Liberty.

An offensive tackle to protect QB Jacory Jordan.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:53 am

Made the mistake of overlooking this section and missed this thread before I started it over on the Football page. My bad! Will delete mine to consolidate over here.
BG '10

Attended more games than any responsible student should have.
drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BCWILSO » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:35 am

Just got a STEAL out of Florida. Running back Chris Phillip's just committed on twitter. While he did say his recruitment is still open, he did say a lot about the faith that BGSU coaches have in him. This will be a nail biter till the end, and a lot of work will have to be done to keep his commitment. Reminds me a lot of the Le'veon Bell commitment from a long time ago
BCWILSO
Egg
Egg

Postby mbenecke » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:16 am

BCWILSO wrote:Just got a STEAL out of Florida. Running back Chris Phillip's just committed on twitter. While he did say his recruitment is still open, he did say a lot about the faith that BGSU coaches have in him. This will be a nail biter till the end, and a lot of work will have to be done to keep his commitment. Reminds me a lot of the Le'veon Bell commitment from a long time ago

Offers from Austin Peay, Buffalo, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Iowa State, Southern Miss, Tennessee State, Toledo, Tulane, USF, and UT Martin.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby fredthefalcon » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:26 am

BCWILSO wrote:Just got a STEAL out of Florida. Running back Chris Phillip's just committed on twitter. While he did say his recruitment is still open, he did say a lot about the faith that BGSU coaches have in him. This will be a nail biter till the end, and a lot of work will have to be done to keep his commitment. Reminds me a lot of the Le'veon Bell commitment from a long time ago

Wow listed on 247 at only 5'7" 153 lbs. Guess he must be fast as lightning.
fredthefalcon
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:37 am

fredthefalcon wrote:

Wow listed on 247 at only 5'7" 153 lbs. Guess he must be fast as lightning.

They show him with a 4.49 40-time.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:10 am

I think you're spot on with Le'Veon Bell commitment comparison. Also reminds me of the Ra'veion Hargrove commitment. I'm not a huge fan of committing while also declaring that your recruitment is wide open (sort of saying the quiet part out loud), but man, this coaching staff is IMPRESSIVE with their recruiting. I remember hearing someone say they are operating their recruiting offices like a P5 school and it is showing. The on-field stuff is TBD, but I don't think recruiting has ever been this successful at BG.
BG '10

drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby mbenecke » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:56 pm

Another QB - Kody Sparks from Oakland High School in Tennessee.

He had offers from Kent State, Northern Iowa, and UT Martin.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby drumstix2388 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:32 pm

mbenecke wrote:Another QB - Kody Sparks from Oakland High School in Tennessee.

Wondering if this is a PWO. Seems like his offers came a couple of years ago and his more recent ones have been NAIA or junior colleges.
BG '10

drumstix2388
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BCWILSO » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:40 pm

An easy way to figure out if this is a scholarship or walk on kid is to just watch his season. I imagine if he does well, and we see him getting offers from FCS and other FBS schools, then I imagine he is a scholarship recruit.
BCWILSO
Egg
Egg

Postby BCWILSO » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:41 pm

But still I love it that we have 2 QB's locked down already, next year we will actually have a strong QB competition
BCWILSO
Egg
Egg

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 am

I hope we can land him.
Schadenfreude
Professional tractor puller
Professional tractor puller

Postby mbenecke » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:29 am

drumstix2388 wrote:
mbenecke wrote:Another QB - Kody Sparks from Oakland High School in Tennessee.

Wondering if this is a PWO. Seems like his offers came a couple of years ago and his more recent ones have been NAIA or junior colleges.

I didn’t realize it until just now, but he’s actually a part of the 2020 class, meaning he’ll be here this fall. I’m sure he’s likely a walk-on if some kind.
BGSU '20. Roll Along!
mbenecke
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby BCWILSO » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:24 pm

He might also be greyshirting
BCWILSO
Egg
Egg

Next

Return to BGSU Recruiting News