Recruiting standings

Recruiting rumors, news, stats of recruits... anything about our future Falcons until they don the Burnt Orange & Seal Brown

Recruiting standings

Postby Class of 61 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:45 am

Got on MAC football recruiting standings today. We know Jinks has boasted of how well we’ve recruited in past 2 yrs.
As of today BG stands 10th of 12 MAC teams with 9 verbals. I won’t go into all numbers except that some schools already have as many as 23 pledges for 2019. I’m thinking we used early playing time as a bait 1 st 2 yrs., but guessing coaching shaky status as well as terrible results over past 2 yrs are keeping kids away. One possible improvement lies in getting back into NE Ohio with 3 kids from CLE area potentially coming. We’ve not done well in past yrs in an area we used to dominate the MAC, but overall we’ve appeared to be falling behind.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Recruiting standings

Postby MarkL » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Don't read too much into early recruiting rankings. While I agree that poor results could lead to a downturn in recruiting, we do not have the data yet to suggest such a conclusion.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Roll Along! » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Been told the staff has shifted to a quality over quantity approach for the upcoming season. After two years of large, highly rated (at least for the MAC) classes, the staff is being more picky about who they offer this year.
Roll Along!
Egg
Egg

Postby Flipper » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:54 pm

It's August...signing day is months away. Chill......
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Return to BGSU Recruiting News