Interesting recruiting information

Recruiting rumors, news, stats of recruits... anything about our future Falcons until they don the Burnt Orange & Seal Brown

Interesting recruiting information

Postby Class of 61 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:22 pm

While this specifically mentioned Akron, it also affects BG and all other public universities in Ohio.
Seems that Akron is going to recruit HARDER in Ohio as a cost saver. The state gives the public schools money for each in state recruit as well as "extra money" as these kids go through school, graduate etc. Conversely, schools get nothing for out of state recruits.
Akron had , I think, something like 27 kids from Florida, plus a host of transfers from many power five schools ( not sure how these kids are counted). I'm going to look at our roster to see how we fit into this story.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: Interesting recruiting information

Postby Class of 61 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:37 pm

Class of 61 wrote:While this specifically mentioned Akron, it also affects BG and all other public universities in Ohio.
Seems that Akron is going to recruit HARDER in Ohio as a cost saver. The state gives the public schools money for each in state recruit as well as "extra money" as these kids go through school, graduate etc. Conversely, schools get nothing for out of state recruits.
Akron had , I think, something like 27 kids from Florida, plus a host of transfers from many power five schools ( not sure how these kids are counted). I'm going to look at our roster to see how we fit into this story.

2017 roster showed 61 out of state, 42 Ohio players.
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Return to BGSU Recruiting News