FB 2017 Recruits

Recruiting rumors, news, stats of recruits... anything about our future Falcons until they don the Burnt Orange & Seal Brown

FB 2017 Recruits

Postby Orange Fuzz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Looks like were just about 14 days away! Talking to some fellow falcon fans at work today, getting pretty excited looking at some of our new talent. I guess some of the rumors of Jinks being a good recruiter are holding up so far! I think Wilcox is my favorite. He is listed as a RB but his highlight film shows him lining up in the slot. I think he would be a great compliment to Scott Miller. What are some other peoples thoughts on this class over all? Just trying to get the discussion going to see what others are thinking about these guys.
Orange Fuzz
Egg
Egg

Re: FB 2017 Recruits

Postby MarkL » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Koontz, Morris, and the DTs. We haven't had great TE play since Bayer, we need size at WR, and we need DLs badly. These guys could be impact players from day one.
MarkL has spoken.
You may all now return to your daily lives.
MarkL
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Class of 61 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Key now is to hold on to these guys. Several have multiple offers, could be convinced to flip ala the DT who went over to EMU.
Seems I recall a certain RB who had verballed a few yrs ago until MSU came calling shortly before signing day. Wonder what happened to him?? Oh yeah, he plays for a Pa. Team now doesn't he? :)
Education our Challenge, Excellence our goal. (look it up)
Class of 61
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:44 am

Or that QB who was supposed to come here because we were his only offer...until Michigan gave him a shot. I think he works up there now.

The QB..Doege...is going to be a killer in the MAC. And the JC's safety Garth and WRb Guytin are going to have an immediate impact
It's not the fall that hurts...it's when you hit the ground.
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Flipper » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Interesting thing about recruiting...we were offering a few OL last week for this year's class....at least that's what a few kids said on twitter. I don't know if that means we have some OL leaving, or we just want to add some big bodies because it's always good to have some big bodies around.

Speaking of OL...we recruited a kid out of Tiffin a couple of years ago named Isiah Moore. He left early on and popped up in the JUCO ranks out west. he' signing with Boise State apparently and he's now a **** recruit. Too bad he didn't stick here...
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby Flipper » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:23 pm

What would happen if we switched classes with 'Bama for a year....or OSU or Michigan
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Postby gmartin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Flipper wrote:What would happen if we switched classes with 'Bama for a year....or OSU or Michigan

Maybe have more names in the blotter?
gmartin
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Flipper » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:55 pm

Ha...maybe not? :)

Wagner was on twitter...he said any list iof recruits you see now is liely not accurate as things are moving...lot ofg programs coming in late on our guys apparently.

We did add a PWO from Springfield WR/CB Lamar Witcher. Nice looking prospect on film...
Flipper
The Global Village Idiot
The Global Village Idiot

Return to BGSU Recruiting News