Asian Flavors

Our favorite recipies and discussions on all things epicurian, beer, deep-fried goodness, wine, caviar; what fuels YOUR Falcon?

Asian Flavors

Postby Rightupinthere » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:59 am

So, I'm doing more with asian flavors out of my kitchen. I'm particularly interested in the mixing of sweet, heat, herb, and textures. I believe Taiwanese and Vietnamese kill it on this front.

Anyone have any recipes/experiments you would like to share?
"Science doesn’t know everything? Well science KNOWS it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it’d stop."
Dara O'Brian - Comedian
Rightupinthere
Mercenary of Churlishness
Mercenary of Churlishness

Re: Asian Flavors

Postby hammb » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:18 am

Interesting, RUIT. I'm HUGE on Asian flavors/food, but I'll admit I rarely do a lot of it at home. Especailly not branching out to any specific cultures. I've got a wok and will do stir fry. I also have a big outdoor griddle (originally purchased for camping/tailgating, but money at home too) for fried rice. But in both cases I stick with a pretty standard flavor profile: Ginger/Garlic/Soy/Sriracha. For stirfry I'll usually add some vinegar/sugar for a sweet/sour combo.

My experiments in this are all purely my feel, made up on my own. No authenticity or real recipe to go off of.
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Return to Falcon Food