My Newest Toy

Our favorite recipies and discussions on all things epicurian, beer, deep-fried goodness, wine, caviar; what fuels YOUR Falcon?

My Newest Toy

Postby The Niz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:19 am

My wife got me a Weber Performer a few months ago after my old overworked grill finally succame to the salt of the lowcountry air. Best gift ever. Took some photos with a pork shoulder I'm making for a get together tonight, but the pictures are too big and I can't get them attached to the post. If you're in the market for a new grill, you can't get much better than weber! I'm cooking this shoulder in the pooring rain and the kettle still holds steady right at three hunddred and it will be no problem to adjust fire and take it anywhere from 250-450 without even adding coals.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Re: My Newest Toy

Postby hammb » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:10 am

That is an awesome gift right there, man!

I love my Weber Kettle (have 2 of them at home). I still almost grabbed a performer when I saw it on clearance this fall at Meijer. I'd love to have the ability for the lid to be held up when open, and the table would be sweet as well.

I'm sure you'll be able to turn out great 'que from the performer, and some awesome grilled food as well. Tough to beat the versatility of a kettle and the performer just kicks that up with some sweet features...enjoy!
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Postby The Niz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 pm

One of the biggest selling points was the charcoal bin. I have a bad habit of leaving half full bags outside next to the grill where they get rained on and ruined. The pulled pork I made the other day was better than any I ever made with a traditional smoker.
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby Lord_Byron » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Love my kettle, but I do like the features on the performer.

Since there are only three of us, I only have an 18.5 kettle, which limits my indirect cooking area. I really need to go bigger on the grill.
BG '79

Twitter: @Vapid_Inanities
Lord_Byron
Minister of Silly Walks
Minister of Silly Walks

Postby The Niz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:45 am

I was at a hardware stor yesterday who makes a big deal about being a Weber dealer here in town. I picked up the catalog and found this: http://www.barbecueblog.org/weber-ranch ... ill-review . If you need cooking space...
Yeah right girl!

Oorah!
The Niz
Peregrine
Peregrine

Postby hammb » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Oh yeah the ranch kettle is awesom e!
hammb
The Stabber of Cherries
The Stabber of Cherries

Return to Falcon Food